• Recent Posts

• The Home theater and the two channel are in the same place  but completely separate…I usually have both going at the same time and mute one or the other with a Apple TV remote for the Home Theater and the Pass Labs remote for the two channel system..I have YouTube going muted with the two channel playing music…no getting up to do anything..adding a switch doesn’t sound appealing, why not have separate speakers, all you have to do is toe in the two channel speakers..I  am retired and can afford it..The electrical for the Home theater and two channel are on two different circuits from the electrical panel..speaking about that I took the Pass Labs amp,preamp,Magna Mano ultra mkIII farad streamer and New Ontech Dac 07 off a power conditioner surge protector and plugged them into the wall plugin and that took a haze off the sound sorta set it free, night and day..there is a surge protector in the electrical panel.. Now why did I get the Volti speakers, I did want something different so I looked at so many speakers, Audio Note, Devore, Coherent Fyne and many others but didn’t like that single speaker looking back at me and they don’t have grills if they do it’s a after thought, I like a nice grill and like  looks of the Forte and Cornwall ..as for a tower speaker looks wise not appealing to me..I sit low in this Stressless chair so those towers don’t sound good to me plus I have a Pass Labs XA-25 amp Class A 25 watts so need a very efficient speaker (horns)..I went through the tube amp deal, nothing but trouble and expensive…got rid of all of them.. Giving the Volti a try because sorta not happy with the Klipsch build quality even though to me the Forte IV I have sounds better to me then the Fortes I bought in 1988…The cabinets on the Forte IV scratch so easy and the China parts inside…no China parts in the Volti and the Cabinet is one inch thick birch plywood with veneer…cabinet ports are in front like the Cornwall…the build is beautiful..oh crap the grills on the Klipsch speakers are saggy crap…the Volti has a premium grill cloth option…I personally talked to X Klipsch owners now having Volti speakers giving the Volti a better sound and build. Hey it is a risk at 7k for the Razz, poor Greg the owner I grilled him to death, surprised he even sold me one lol.. ‘I love the look of the Forte but not the build just trying to keep that look but a better speaker…and the more speakers the better lol… ‘So that’s about it one more thing I totally love this Pass amp really makes everything sing so sweet…        
    • My MC-225 on HF duty with my Jubilee speakers. Sweet, round, musical sound. A tiny bit noisy and perhaps a bit less detailed in comparison to my First Watt J2 but a really wonderful piece of engineering from the 1960s. Velvety sweetness when used with the horns.
    • Truth and good advice, thank you.  
    • Info here:  North Reading Engineering
    • Here is another recent budget purchase with some new caps and resistors, an IEC, fuse, and power switch added. Next week it will get binding posts to make it easier to rotate into my systems and a wood bottom to keep me from shocking myself. This single ended 6BQ5 (6P14P-EV) pentode is just a lot of fun to listen to, it was designed by Magnavox with a bass boost by means of the feedback circuit and the coupling cap. Have not tried it on more full range speakers, but it sounds great with a pair of Fostex wideband drivers.   Sorry about the bad picture.        
    • I remember the Streak  And for many years afterwards when a bare *** ( both girls and boys ) was seen at sporting events  All in good fun or as a dare or just plain drunken foolishness 😎🤪🤘
    • Speaking of ^ here is a new to me used Oldchen 300B amplifier; considering what the tubes that came with it are worth the amplifier itself was almost free. I don't like all the white goo everywhere underneath, but it seems to be well built, the transformers are good size (might be crap, but at least not tiny crap). The 300Bs are DC heated and have a neat way of fine tuning with a multi turn pot to eliminate what little hum there is. It is my first DHT amplifier and although I was kind of wanting a US made 2A3 the price of this amp made it hard to pass up.   After having it for a week I'm very happy with the sound and the purchase.        
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    ibjim