• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Dayton Audio Wireless Wave-Link WLS System 2.4 GHz Full Range Audio Transmitter & Receiver System $64.98 Parts Express   (153)     60-day return policy
    • I purchased a Klipsch factory refurb Bar48 with sub woofer and surround speakers. It has been a nightmare since day 1. Difficult to pair. The power supply failed after about 18 months (always connected to a high grade surge suppressor). Now the wireless speakers are acting up again and will not pair. I'm not happy, but ok with tossing it.  Has anyone purchased a similar configuration Klipsch system that set up well and performed reliably? The Bar48 works fine, but the surround components are junk.
    • I pulled the dust cap off and don't see anything that looks off.  Everything moves freely.  What exactly should I look for?
    • A terrible tragedy, the day before his sister's wedding no less. He was greatly loved in Calgary.
    • I bought a pair years ago..thought one of the woofers was shot also. Turned out that ginormous magnet had shifted and had the woofer frozen up. You can carefully cut the dust cover off and look to see if that has happened to yours also. If it is you can use a dead blow hammer and shims to get it back where it should be then super glue the magnet back to the basket. It’s a little tedious to get it properly aligned. 
    • The Forte versions have a passive radiator on the rear, so you would  need a few inches out from the wall.   An original pair of Chorus have front firing ports, instead of a PRs. Passives work as ports, but provide smoother response. I would look for a nice pair of original Chorus, with ports on the front. Don't get me wrong, the newer models are better than the earlier versions, but you are limited in placement.   Welcome to the madness!
    • Hello everyone, this my first time posting. I had a few questions that I'd hopped the Klipsch community could help me out with. My setup in my home theater is; 3 Klipsch RP 8000F for the LCR, 4 RPW 180 Pro surr & wides, 500M II back surr, 4 RPC 180 for Atmos & 2 x rp 120 subwoofers. For power I use a Marantz 8805A processor, Emotiva XPA 3 Gen 3, Emotiva BasX 4 & 6 amplifiers to power my 9.2.4 system. For streaming and movie watching, I use; Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Apple TV 4K, Roku Ultra 4K & a Panasonic DP-UD820 4K player. My room is acoustically treated with absorption and diffusion throughout the room. My theater size is, 12.4 feet wide x 22 feet deep x 11 feet high. I sit 11.8 feet from the left & right speaker and 10.6 feet from the center tower speaker   1. How much toe-in should I use on my front LCR's? They are pointing in a spot right behind MLP (main listening position). 2. After running Audyssey MultEQ-XT32, my crossover registered low because my room is treated so it is a quiet room. Audyssey registered my crossover as followed and the marantz 8805A set them where it thought it should be.  Left & Right in my room 30hz - Full Band by processor. Capable by Klipsch spec sheet between 32hz & 35hz Center - 30hz set to Full Band - Capable -32hz & 35hz Wides - 50hz set to 60hz - Capable of 52hz Surround L&R - 70hz set to 80hz - Capable of 52hz Back Surr L&R - 50hz set to 60hz - Capable of 45hz Top front Atmos - 50hz set to 60hz- Capable of 52hz Top rear Atmos - set to 40hz - Capable of 52hz. I also, have Dynamic EQ on with Dynamic Volume set to medium. With the crossovers set by the Marantz processor, the sound quality is very, very good. when I tried changing the crossovers to everyone's favorite 80hz and up it did not sound good at all. My system sounded muffled and the bass was way too boomy. I spoke with Audyssey about this and they said, the settings alone if I got the better sound set by the processor. Can any one chime in on this? I also, use Audyssey MultEQ-X but, lately it has been very off on sound quality and timing out a lot during calibrations and takes very long to finish. I got my processor out of the shop a few week ago, and he informed me to only use the calibration software built in to the processor because, 3rd party has a lot of glitches Amen to that. He also, stated that when it suppose to transfer data to the AVR/Processor a lot of times it fails or transfers bad data. 3. If, anyone has any helpful info or has had these issue please share. Thanks.
    • I agree and mentioned to Roy at the time I heard a small difference and that it reminded me of when I would experiment and bypass the L.SHELF @ (FREQ:2.5kHz) (LEVEL: -1.00db) Filter when using the EV Dx38 but I definitely thought it was nice sounding in the short time we had with it.   Now after all these years we know one reason why some perceived a difference I believe.   miketn🙂
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Bill Slaunwhite