• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• You can't go wrong, Nova Scotia is one of the nicest provinces. Try and spend a day or so in Halifax. Beautiful, historic and chock a block with fantastic restaurants. I occasionally get there for business.
    • https://longisland.craigslist.org/ele/d/sound-beach-klipsch-cornwall-speakers/7761787200.html   No aff....
    • Hi All,    I am based in the UK. A few years ago I built a pair of Belle type speakers. I bought all the parts from Crites Speakers and had them shipped over to me. Although the speaker hosts were made, I did not fully get around to installing the hardware. I do not really have the time to continue this project and am considering to sell the components. They are as follows:   Pair of CT120 Tweeters  Pair of A-55G Midrange Drivers  Pair of CW1526C Woofers  Pair of Type A crossovers    My main questions are:   Are they worth the same as I paid for them here in the UK? (I have no idea, could be more or could be less?) Should I sell them on Ebay or is there somewhere more appropriate?   Thank you!!
    • Here’s the original thread.  The schematic is a pdf between the pictures in the first post.     https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/159805-the-long-awaited-little-sweetie-mono-sets/   Maynard    
    • Back in the 1970s, Peter Walker's current dumping circuit was immediately made available to the public. The service manual for the various Quad amps was and still is an open source regarding the circuit, the components used and their electrical values. How is it today? What exactly did THX develop? Is it anonymous or are there specific people or a team behind it? I assume that the AHB2 is a pure licensed product? So is the circuitry in the AHB2 being shrouded in secrecy by THX or can you see everything you should (for repairs etc.) in the service manual?
    • Since you're going to have a subwoofer fill in the low end, you could get the R-41M even though it doesn't play as low as the kg 1.2; the subwoofer will cover the missing Hz and you won't notice a difference.   New speakers don't come with the nicks, scratches, and wounds of used speakers, which sometimes makes buying new worth it.   Also, the kg 1.2 comes in a real wood veneer vs. a woodgrain vinyl.   I'd pay the premium for a used pair of kg 1.2s if having a speaker that plays lower is of value to you.
    • with help from billybob and The History Kid, i was able to determine that the klipsch speakers i bought back in 1993 were the KG1.2 model. they sounded so great with my denon amp etc.! i only had those speakers for a couple years before i had to sell them to help finance a big move from san francisco to washington state. around 2004 my dell computer had some decent speakers and i was wooed by the ease and simplicity of the digital age and itunes etc.. about 20 years ago the old system got boxed up and put into storage. however, i am ready to get back into it this year! the only thing missing is the good speakers. i was considering a pair of new ones, but thought if i could find a nice pair of those ones I had in the 90s that would be sweet. looking on auctions sites, i see the prices for KG1.2 are as much or more than a new pair of klipsch bookshelf speakers model R-41M. so the question is this... is it worth it to spend $150-$250 on a vintage pair of KG1.2 speakers, or just go with the new models for $150? do the new ones sound like way better? i was planning on adding a small subwoofer as well to give it that extra boom boom. any thoughts? cheers and thanks!
    • This thread is very interesting to me. I would like to try building a Little Sweetie. But nowhere do I see the schematic. Can someone help me out?
    • You made me look it up.   They are all in their mid 60s or older and all still have active careers performing.   That means there's hope for me. Richard Thompson is still being incredible and we're the same age.
    • These are probably 1980 digital pipe organ speakers from Rodgers Organ, Now Rodgers Instruments.   i have a generation or two prior of this speaker, same design minus the bass reflex port.  The 32 hz pipes were sent to an 18” sub cabinet.   the drivers in mine are JBL. The cabinets are manufactured, or at least,sourced out to Rodgers.  If you still have these for sale, please reply
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    LongPlay