• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Man, I wish you were closer.  I'd buy those Eliptrac's from you.  I wish it wasn't such a pain for shipping....but I get it.  
    • Both speed and accuracy is impressive but above all to my ears clarity  Enjoy Yuja Wang    
    • Either find a used set of the KG 1.2's you loved or get something a little bit nicer.  However, the R-41M speakers are NOT it.  I acquired a pair several years ago and after a demo, I couldn't wait to get rid of them as they were the worst pair of Klipsch speakers I've ever listened to.    If you want to buy a new Klipsch bookshelf, I would go with the reference premier line.  Either the RP-600M II or the RP-500M II.    However, my suggestion is check out used gear locally.  Go listen to some bookshelf speakers and let your ears decide for you.  I've found some great speakers and amazing deals doing this.  You can't be in a rush, that's when people tend to make poor decisions just because they have to have something now!   If you don't have a receiver/processor with a sub out, you might want to upgrade to something that does, as this will open up a world of possibilities going forward.
    • Doc wrote me a RX for PT to address balance issues.  Salem my physical therapist is helping quite a bit and has me walking every day.  A pleasant 70 degrees for a change so no sweating. Think I will enjoy getting in a little better shape!  Slow at first.......
    • That amp has no means of high-pass filtering a signal to the main speakers.
    • Hello Klipsch heads (and especially my friend, Henry4841). The Little Sweetie amplifier built in this thread is alive and well living happily with the Heresies in my shop. As I wrote almost two years ago, the Little One will probably outlive me.   Thanks, geo
    • On my AL5, the 45 SET works great with rock, but the specific characteristics that make this amplifier so special don't really match this style of music. The 45 SET adds something magical to the vocals, revealing a lot of fine detail. It all sounds very musical and realistic. This matches perfectly with acoustic instruments, jazz, etc., making this amplifier a perfect match for this type of music for me. However, these aren't quite the qualities you're looking for if you enjoy music that bangs, has a strong beat, or a lot of dynamics. In that case, you're looking for an amplifier that can keep the music with a lot of dynamics well under control and can reproduce the low frequencies sufficiently and tightly.
    • wowza! cool mods. i don't recall having any issues with the denon amp pushing these to their limits. however, i do have a vague memory of them being loud, and so cranking them was never really necessary, for my space back then at least. this denon integrated amp was set up as a video router. i found one on ebay, the pma-700v (not my picture, mine is still in box). i don't think it has a high pass? anyways, we'll find out! i found a pair of choice KG1.2 online. had to jump on it! i am giving myself until the end of the year to get all the old gear set up and start digging through the record collection. i got a usb turntable a few years back to digitize all my old stuff, so getting it all unpacked has been on the list. an old friend and fellow collector, from when i had my original KG1.2 speakers, is a purist and listens to a lot of vinyl on his old system. this was another inspiration to find the speakers and get full circle after almost 3 decades.
    • Grand sent me a text and wanted to make some money.  Her gf has a birthday coming up sooo Grandpa get's tagged.  Gave her the new sweeper to drive for about an hour and threw her 20$.  She handled the washer & dryer but I got stuck putting the sheets on.  So hit the DQ on the way back home and shot another 10.  Sound about right?  Thinking the last time I swept in here was before Christmas.  It's really not in my job description anymore.    😂😂😂
    • @Tarheel yup, I remember you getting that.  John got a taste when he was here.  Yea, they're great amps for sure.   
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    billybob1