• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Hello - I pop in every once in a while looking for ways to improve the sound of my system. My current system is comprised of Khorns with ALK extreme slope x-overs, Volti Mid Range horns with 4592-mid drivers, DE-10 tweeter drivers with CNC tweeter lenses. My Amp is a MA352 McIntosh fed by an RME ADI FS 2 DAC. Music is streamed via a mini PC 16 gig memory AMD Ryzen 7 3750H  with an external power supply. Basically a notebook processor with no keyboard or screen. Controlled by Remote desktop.   I had an in home Demo of a Western Electric 91 E 300B Tube amp. While it did sound slightly better I don't think it sounded $15,000 better, it was subtle maybe a bit warmer. Also demo'd was a Linn music streamer priced at $13,000. I could hear no difference between the streamer and the dac/pc that I currently have.   Tomorrow I am going to a shop to listen to a Furman power conditioner that sells for $2500. Since my house has a basement I can easily pull a 20 amp dedicated circuit for my system and swap out my speaker cables for a newer set. The cables I have are 25 years old and probably need a refresh. Will the 20 amp dedicated circuit make a difference versus the 15amp shared circuit?    Any thoughts?      Rick      
    • You mean my DHA2 crossovers suck? I really liked them. Josh is sending them back to me since he went active.
    • Hello - I pop in every once in a while looking for ways to improve the sound of my system. My current system is comprised of Khorns with ALK extreme slope x-overs, Volti Mid Range horns with 4592-mid drivers, DE-10 tweeter drivers with CNC tweeter lenses. My Amp is a MA352 McIntosh fed by an RME ADI FS 2 DAC. Music is streamed via a mini PC 16 gig memory AMD Ryzen 7 3750H  with an external power supply. Basically a notebook processor with no keyboard or screen. Controlled by Remote desktop.   I had an in home Demo of a Western Electric 91 E 300B Tube amp. While it did sound slightly better I don't think it sounded $15,000 better, it was subtle maybe a bit warmer. Also demo'd was a Linn music streamer priced at $13,000. I could hear no difference between the streamer and the dac/pc that I currently have.   Tomorrow I am going to a shop to listen to a Furman power conditioner that sells for $2500. Since my house has a basement I can easily pull a 20 amp dedicated circuit for my system and swap out my speaker cables for a newer set. The cables I have are 25 years old and probably need a refresh. Will the 20 amp dedicated circuit make a difference versus the 15amp shared circuit?    Any thoughts?      Rick      
    • They may disappear but I believe they are in this room (on webcam for fun): http://live.audioclassics.com/?cam=2#nav
    • Please report back with comparisons. Volti is one of the few brands I would consider besides Klipsch. Still thrilled with the sound of my Forte IV's daily. Yes they scratch easily. Other than a slightly recessed midrange and being fussy about placement, the Fortes are the perfect speaker for me. The only speakers I really ever think about owning are Cornwalls, La Scallas or Khorns.
    • Ask in here and I think he will cover some aspects during the live b/c the AL6 Campaign includes the option to purchase a pre-production Heritage Sub at the same time. So my educated guess is that at least one of the 4 subs is going to come on line around the same time as the AL6 comes on line.    Submit your questions here and I will submit them:    
    • Can you turn a screwdriver? Then you too can check your connections! Got a meter?
    • Like them so far running the AMT tweets in my set up...incredibly low noise floor. Got a second pair to run the mids  
    • Well... the trailer ended up full, thanks to my friend convincing me that I needed to bring home the Cornwalls that wouldn't fit in his home, so no room for anything else!
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    1Bravioso