Ask the Historian

Got a Klipsch history question for historian Jim Hunter? Ask here! 

520 topics in this forum

1. 1957 Klipschorn

• 15 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 15 replies
    • 5k views
  2. Khorn S/N 313

• 2 replies
  3. How old is this K'horn?

• 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. Klipsch KLF-20 sticker

• 0 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. CWO15 #269?

• 1 reply
    • 6 replies
  6. What do I have?

• 3 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 2k views
    • 4 replies
    • 5 replies
  7. Need help with KLF 30 tag

• 5 replies
  8. CBR 24U690 and 691

• 9 replies
    • 1.7k views
    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 1 reply
  9. Heresy Slant Risers

• 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 20 replies
    • 422.7k views
  10. Name plates

• 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 14 replies
    • 1.6k views
  11. "Studio 116"

• 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 30 replies
    • 122.5k views
  • Recent Posts

• Might be heading out of town for a bit. Just started vacation. The Old Man and Mom invited myself and the Wife down to visit in Florida. Dad is a former Army Sharpshooter ,yes that means sniper /Combat handgun expert. Master Sergeant...yeah...it was like that growing up. Lol....in any case...even at his Korean War age...he just set me and himself up with a private airboat tour of the Everglades, combined with a feral hog hunt. I see ribs in my future. "Gimmie those baby back baby back baby backs". 😆. I'll certainly try to keep posting. I'll be thinking about you all, even if I'm busy sucking BBQ sauce from a bone. 😈. Yeah...that's right...I said it. Lol.
    • Well...look at what 20 U.S. simoleons gets you at Goodwill. A neat place to store all of your turntable crap. What once was a cigar humidor. Is now a stylish crap locker. 😁
    • Well played my friend, well played.
    • OverviewLyricsVideosListenArtists I take my card and I stand in line To make a buck, I work overtime Dear Sir letters keep comin' in the mail I work my back 'til it's racked with pain The boss can't even recall my name I show up late and I'm docked, it never fails I feel like just another, spoke in a great big wheel Like a tiny blade of grass in a great big field, whoa To workers, I'm just another drone To Ma Bell, I'm just another phone I'm just another statistic on a sheet To teachers, I'm just another child To IRS, I'm another file I'm just another consensus on the street Gonna cruise outta this city, head down to the sea Gonna shout out at the ocean, "Hey, it's me" And I feel like a number Feel like a number Feel like a stranger A stranger in this land I feel like a number I'm not a number I'm not a number Damn it I'm a man, I said I'm a man Gonna cruise out of this city, head down to the sea Gonna shout out at the ocean, "Hey, it's me" And I feel like a number Feel like a number Feel like a stranger Stranger in this land Feel like a number I'm not a number I'm not a number Damn it, I'm a man I feel like a number Feel like a number Feel like a number Hey I feel like a- I feel- Feel like a- Feel like a- I feel like a- I feel like a- I feel like a- I feel-  
    • I'm experiencing persistent issues with my two Klipsch Three speakers using Play-fi. When I group them in Spotify to play simultaneously, they function for about 15-30 seconds before both disconnect. I need to reopen either the Klipsch Stream app or Spotify, wait for the speakers to reappear, and then restart the group playback.   Additionally, my dining room Klipsch Three, when used solo with Play-fi, plays music for around 20 minutes before emitting a loud, unpleasant screeching noise, followed by the music stopping. To resume playback, I have to advance the song or skip to the next track.   The other Klipsch Three speaker works fine on its own with Play-fi, and I've noticed it uses MCU version 4.026. However, the speaker giving me trouble uses version 4.020, and I've been unable to locate version 4.026 online.   Can anyone provide any advice or guidance on how to resolve these issues? Thank you in advance for any help!   Klipsch Stream Application Version: 8.5.0.9857 (Play Store) ©2024 DTS, Inc. All Rights Reserved. IP Address: 192.168.0.16 SPEAKERS Dining Room Wi-Fi Connection: WIFI5 (5GHz) CAP: 8.5.0.055 MCU: 4.020 IP Address: 192.168.0.192, ID: ***** Living Room Wi-Fi Connection: WIFI5 (5GHz) CAP: 8.5.0.055 MCU: 4.026 IP Address: 192.168.0.237, ID: *****  
    • I don't mean presence of bass or lack thereof, I mean the feeling of lower register notes around you and in your body. I have never experienced headphones that can do that. I am not a headphone guy. Only use them on my mixer when I want to focus on something and not be at FOH.
    • BTW I heard a pair of these at a friends home. He had added a tweeter for a little more high frequency "sparkle". They were paired with a 684 sub. Sounded excellent, especially for a garage system. As Roy would say "they sound OK".
    • @Chief bonehead , Roy is it Ok for @homatose to wash his 396 grills? Any idea what the white stripe is from?
    • Looking for a pair of ES500 networks, I currently have AP12-500's in my two way cornscala-ish build that I love... but the itch is back... its either this or active crossover and biamp....   Save me from myself 🙂
    • Well...this should be here tomorrow. Mine will be in oak in order to match my turntable. I have no idea if it will really do anything. At the very least it will look cool. If it's ineffective perhaps I will remove the spikes and put it on some isolation feet. I'm not expecting that it will be necessary. My floors are rock solid and the stand that I am using is fairly heavy. I guess the proof will be as they say, in the pudding. If it works out I'll pass the manufacturer along to the masses. Thus far, if personalized customer service is a factor. They have been spot on. I have been made to feel like a person and not just an order number.