MOM IS GONE.

BigStewMan

I stood last night at my Mom's bedside at the hospital and said goodbye as she left this life for a far better one.

It was rough, watching her gasp for air. she looked like a fish out of water, huge gasps that shook her whole torso. as hard as it was, it is a relief knowing that she isn't sick anymore. All five of us kids were there at her side.

This isn't the first time I've been through this (lost both biological parents when I was eight years old; and watched my 17-year old nephew taken off life support); but, it sure does not get any easier. It is a weird feeling, leaving the hospital, seeing that life goes on--yet feeling like the world should stop for a few minutes. My brother and I got in his truck and when he started it up and the radio came on, the first thing i heard was The Cars singing "Bye Bye Love."

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers Big Stew.

Yes, life around us goes on when we loose a loved one, though our life kind of stops for a moment or slows down and it is tough and it does get better but things never get back to "normal"... "normal" is different.

Glad her family could be by her side and at least it's comforting to know our loved ones are in a better place and that someday soon (in the overal scheme of things) we'll all be together again.

Big Stew,

Man my heart goes out to you. I'll say a prayer for your family today and also tomorrow where I'll be at my friend Dale's funeral. Good that you could be by her side during her last hours. Stay close with your brother, family, and your Forum family during this time. We're here for ya man!

The radio has done strange things like that for me too. Interpret it however you like, I think it's a sign that she's at peace.

Michael

so sorry to hear the news. i dont think these situations will ever get easier no matter how many times one would go through it.

i agree with Michael, the radio does strange things in certain situations. i believe they are signs from above.

I'm sorry for your loss Stew and for the suffering she went through. My parents are in their 90's and I know one day I'll be in your shoes. It's something you just don't want to think about. It sound like you have a great family.

Carl

BigStewMan: I am very sorry to learn of your mother's passing. Please accept my deepest sympathy. This strikes pretty close to home as we had to take my own mother to emergency Tuesday afternoon for cardiac problems. Ms. Rose will be 90 in July and although it seems she is going to be fine, she is still in the hospital as of this writing. My last uncle died this week, too. I guess the whole week has just totally sucked for the both of us all the way around. God Bless your mom and family, man. -Glenn

BIGSTEWMAN.

Very sorry to read of your loss. Losing our loved ones is never an easy thing to face. God Speed and God bless.

I just got a wonderful B-day present today. Just found out my Mom is going in for a biopsy today. At 85 this is not an issue she needs.