Monster in the news again

djk

"We have to balance what we do legally to protect our mark with that of
public opinion," says Mr. Lee, adding, "We're very sensitive to our
reputation."

I'll never buy a single product from the rat b@stards. They have yet to scientifically prove that their products are superior, prey on the uninformed, make ridiculous profit margins, and as if that isn't enough, bully other small companies and extort hundreds of thousands from others.

Monster pretty well defines them. It was a well chosen company name imho. Hope they trip over their own overpriced cable one day.

M

i'd love to see them pursue this "famous" name slant--they would be so embarrassed to realize how far they are from being famous. of course we forum members know who they are, and I'm guilty of buying there product in the past (never again though); but, i'll bet if you did one of those man in the street interviews, you'd get single-digit results of people that even knew what monster cable is. I'll also bet that three times as many people think of Monster energy drink first, and fenway park, come on--i have no idea how long monster has been in business, but, i'll bet the red sox have been using the term "the green monster" for much longer.

i really don't like that company anymore--even though this particular story ended well, they need to get over themselves.

They have to make there money somewhere since they aren't selling many cables.

I cringe everytime I see or hear someone buying or bought their cables. I am trying to convince everyone I know to stay away from those cables. When they need, I have them let me make the order for them, from monoprice.[:D]

Yep, I agree, they are WAY overpriced, good but not great quality cables etc. The only "Monster" products that I own, came uesd in a bundle of equipment that I bought on Craigs list. Like I said, average quality products but WAY over priced.

As for monoprice cables, I own several of them. Very good quality and a VERY good price. I have been to their wherehouse in person (They are only about 30 miles from my house) and they are great people indeed. Very helpful and great to deal with.

Doesn't klipsch use monster wire in many of their speakers as a marketing ploy?

I'd be happy to boycott Monster, just another advertising firm masking itself as a product manufacturer, but I'm not about to give up my Klipsch.