My Three Year "Jubilee Anniversary"

mikebse2a3

Mike, all I gotta say is they look great! If you ever wake up and all the beautification you have done has been stripped away and is missing....I can promise that I won't know anything about it... [^o)] furthermore...if you then decide to come visit my place... I will require a 20 minute warning. (you said it takes about 20 minutes to change their clothes, right?)

[*-)][:^)]

[Y]

Tom, I think he gets to plead insanity here. My recollection is he said somewhere or another that he got some solid wood from somewhere.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's it.... he's insane!

We commit him and can scarf up his Jubes!!

Sound like a plan?

another mike in TN... go figure.

Awesome awesome sound projectors there mike. love to experience them someday

Thanks! Give me a little time to finish them up and you would be more than welcome to come listen.

mike tn

Wow... that's awesome... I'm buying if we do get the chance to meet up

They look great Mike Nice Job!!

Would you mind sharing what you used to trim around the 402 and what kind of plugs you used to plug the holes on the 402. I want to definitely get some of them and plug the holes. It looks a more finished look.

Rich

I've read that some people don't even notice them in the room until they're playing, because they don't register in their minds as speakers.

I've seen this phenomenon several times now. It's become the standard scenario in my experience.

Chris

• Moderators

Congratulations those look great and I know they sound great, and all the work you have done testing with the room and new TAD driver it must be very close to perfect. Most people never spend much time on the room but like me it's much harder to understand what the room is doing to the sound to even know what to do about it.

I love the way you dressed your Jubs up, very nice job looks like a totally different animal.

• Moderators

I've read that some people don't even notice them in the room until they're playing, because they don't register in their minds as speakers.

I seen this phenomenon several times now.

Chris

It's true my niece came over about a week ago and my wife asked "you heard the new speakers yet" she said no and walked over to the forte ll sitting "on" the MWM/402 and said I thought these were the same ones we used when I lived here? I guess she thought the MWM was a stand for the forte ? [:S]

That's also true of Klipschorns. They look like furniture. Although I was once asked what was the piece of furniture underneath the speaker (i.e. the top section was identified as the whole speaker).

That happens sometimes with the JubScalas. People notice the K510s, but don't realize the La Scalas they're sitting on are speakers.

Other folks usually notice the three "big" Heresies near the back wall and comment on them, but when they notice the front speakers, it's almost like, "Where did those come from? I didn't even see them at first."

• Moderators

Ya think if we put his pretty pair and my macho pair in a room together for a while, we might end up with some Jubetts later on? Embarrassed

It doesn't work that way .

Well it's probably better not to mate them considering they are, or almost twins, the kids would most likely be very abnormal like an average bose product . [:S]

The only difference is Mikes Jubes were a little more privilege, they went to a better school ( TAD ) and later had a few cosmetic " enhancements " is what i think they call it !

Thanks everyone for the nice words!

Hey Richard

I can have the Jub LF back stock in probably less than 10 minutes. When I get a chance I will update the Zebrawood Jubilee thread I started some time ago and show pictures of how I've went about this.

Hey Tom

What happened was I originally had an idea forming of how I could dress the Jub up when coming back from the Klipsch Pilgrimage 2006 and so I had began to think I wanted to pursue this and so there came a time when I mentioned to my girlfriend that I was thinking of dressing up the Jubs and wanted to stop by a place to see what woods were available and fate was playing with me that day because there before my eyes were these 2 large Zebrawood boards (both cut from the same tree) and large enough to make two front panels (well as PWK I read once said "It was like waving a bull in front of a red flag!) my mind was made up immediately and this all began!

Hey Rich

The K402 top section is made from 3/4" Baltic birch and then I've trimmed around the K402 with 1/2" x 1" and 3/4" x 1" solid aluminum which I've machined and polished. The screw covers came from Lowes homecenter and I've used both Black and Brown colored ones where appropriate. The back support bracket is also solid aluminum and polished and all hardware used is stainless steel. Again I will update the Zebrawood Jubilee thread with how I did this when time allows me.

Hey Dean

I think it would be better if I showed them how to fish rather than giving them the fish!

mike tn[:)]