Sellers remorse

davmar

I called my friend who wanted me to buy his K-Horns and told him I wanted to keep my four La Scala for my two channel, I decided it would be a step down with me running stacked La Scalas! Am I nuts? So anyone know of a sterio guy up here who wants K-Horns let me know!

l

I called my friend who wanted me to buy his K-Horns and told him I wanted to keep my four La Scala for my two channel, I decided it would be a step down with me running stacked La Scalas! Am I nuts? So anyone know of a sterio guy up here who wants K-Horns let me know!

l

Are you saying that the Khorns would be a step down from "stacked La Scala's"? Stacked LS's meaning 2 on each side of the room stacked on top of each other?

I'm not sure that Khorns would be a step down. [:^)]

Dennie

I might prefer stacked LaScalas, stacked on top of the Khorns.... [Y]

Imagine that visceral assult on the senses.... 1 Khorn underneith two LaScalas all tucked into the corner, pummeling your body into ashes.

You could even point the LaScalas into the corners for some direct (Khorn) radiating (LaScala) mixture... or perhaps, simply get a pair of 901's for room filling sound.

[:^)]

what about stacked khorns?

While going to college my roommate reverse-engineered and made copies of my Khorn's bass enclosures. We stacked the bass enclosures and put a single top on each, in a room with 12 foot ceilings. We used his Mcintosh tube amp on the bottoms and my Dyna Stereo 70 on the tops. While testing this out we somehow heard a knock at the door, thinking it was a neighbor with a noise complaint. When we opened the door there were two folks standing there who asked, "Can we come in and listen to y'all's band practice?".

Yep, they sounded that good!

what about stacked khorns?

While going to college my roommate reverse-engineered and made copies of my Khorn's bass enclosures. We stacked the bass enclosures and put a single top on each, in a room with 12 foot ceilings. We used his Mcintosh tube amp on the bottoms and my Dyna Stereo 70 on the tops. While testing this out we somehow heard a knock at the door, thinking it was a neighbor with a noise complaint. When we opened the door there were two folks standing there who asked, "Can we come in and listen to y'all's band practice?".

Yep, they sounded that good!

I had that happen one time but it was a Deputy Sheriff while my band was practicing..

We noticed somebody outside the door and it was the Sheriff standing there.

He said something like "mind if I listen to you guys?"

Uhh, sure.

How long you been outside?

"about 30 minutes"

Ok, come on in.

After about 10 minutes he said "oh by the way, we had some complaints from the neighbors that you guys were too loud. You sound really good though."

[:D]