OT: Threat to parents with unattended children...

Daddy Dee

Nice... Great sign..... Some parents think their kids are "cute " while they run wild in resturants and grocery stores. Mine got a boot across the --- if they did that. One application was sufficent for both. Parents fault.

One of my boys thought it would be funny - age 5 or 6 to hide from his mother in a clothing store for about an hour behind some dresses. After the police left my wife- now in tears- pulled his pants down and whipped him with a belt in front of about 20 people in the store. Never had any trouble with him acting up in public after that. Now that would get you arrested.

• Moderators

Ah, children in public. They pick up on how to get on your last nerve quickly and realize you are powerless to stop it. When I call Steven (5) in the grocery store, he likes to say "I'm not Steven. And you're not my mommy." I have NO idea where he picked that up.

Ah, children in public. They pick up on how to get on your last nerve quickly and realize you are powerless to stop it. When I call Steven (5) in the grocery store, he likes to say "I'm not Steven. And you're not my mommy." I have NO idea where he picked that up.

i hope he finds a new catch phrase soon, that one could get you in trouble.

• Moderators

That's funny.

All you would have to do is say Ok I am going home where my Steven is, I doubt he would let you walk off. [:|]

• Moderators

i hope he finds a new catch phrase soon, that one could get you in trouble.

I'm not too worried about getting into trouble. We were in a store one
day and he called me "Amy" from down the aisle. As I approached him I
said, "You need to call me Mommy," and a woman within earshot started
chuckling. I think most moms go through this.

The one from last year was even worse. To get him to move at less than a snail's pace, I used to make a race out of it, as in "I'm going to beat you to the stairs/door/car/etc." When we'd have these races in a store, he would run away from me, yelling "Don't beat me mommy!" Yeah, that was bad.

Maybe the most embarassing moment of my life. My wife wanted to go to breakfast at a popular resturant with our then 2 year old son. I thought it better to buy some stuff and cook at home rather that subject the other patrons to a 2 year old during crowded peak hours. She won. The waitress brough my son a large stack of pancakes. After eating part of them my son grabbed a handful of syrup and butter covered pancakes and threw it into the next booth and laughed so loud that every body in the resturant heard it. I turned around to see a woman with her face covered with pancake pieces, butter, and syurp. I truly wanted to die. I covered my face and slid down into the booth praying for a swift exit. The lady was really cool about it and ended up laughing it off with the nearby patrons. We never went back to that resturant. We ate at home for a long time after that.

store for about an hour behind some dresses. After the police left my wife- now in tears- pulled his pants down and whipped him with a belt in front of about 20 people in the store. Never had any trouble with him acting up in public after that. Now that would get you arrested.

Yeah, it would. A local lady got in big trouble with her baby and toddler. From what the reports say, she had lost her job, out of cash, and having a stressed time in life. She decided of all places to vent her frustation on her kid, (toddler) at the city bus plaza.

The plaza has 50 million cameras parked everwhere. She was pushing a stroller, with the toddler along side. She then shoves the toddler down on the sidewalk. A couple folks are looking at her like, WTF? She then walks off, dragging the toddler by the hood of the coat. All filmed in living color.

Needless to say, the kids are gone, and she's in jail. Save the frustration for when you get home..........

Already been to jail (charges immediately dropped)for punching out a 15 year old who took a closed fist swing at his mother. Arrest warrant issued by school resource officer Poitical correctness run amuck. I certainly do not condone child abuse in any form. But the present system is totally out of hand. There is no distinction between a parent who disiplines an unruly teenager where force is justified and some sick *--- who like beating up children.At least in this state.

Sometimes it's easy to forget the basic fact: children will be childish...

Of course, you could always play the young ones the video of Here Come The Mummies singing "He's comin' for ya, he's gonna get ya!" at bedtime and see if that gives them nightmares...