ALIVE AND ALMOST WELL!!

CIGARBUM

i HAVE BEEN ABSENT FROM THE FORUM FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS. i JUST HAVE NOT FELT LIKE DOING MUCH OR ANYTHING AND MY RIGHT ARM STILL IS NOT WORKING VERY WELL. fROM READING THE FORUM MY PROBLEMS SEEM VERY SMALL. FIRST i WOULD LIKE TO SY i AM SORRY THAT i HAVE NOT ANSWERED A FEW OF THE PM'S I HAVE GOTTEN. IT HASE BEEN 12 WEEKS SINCE THE FULL JOINT REPLACEMENT AND IT STILL HURTS LIKE CRAZY, STILL IN THERAPY 3 OR 4 DAYS A WEEK, THEY SAY IT WILL BE ANOTHER 6 WEEKS TIL NO PAIN AND LIMITED MOVEMENT. AT LEAST MY WILL GET BETTER, I HOPE.

ALL MY PROJECTS HAVE BEEN ON HOLD, GOT A FEW IDEAS OF SOME THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO DO. WOULD LIKE TO BUILD SOME MORE SPEAKERS, mAY A HOT RODDED SHORTHORN, SOMETHING SMALLER, I HAVE RUN OUT OF ROOM FOR THE BIG ONES. IF ANYONE HAS SOME IDEAS, LET ME KNOW.

CHRIS, HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL, LET ME KNOW IF i CAN DO ANYTHING, MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU

CIGARBUM

post-32367-13819617255064_thumb.jpg

post-32367-1381962115219_thumb.jpg

I never wanted to be a medical doctor...yuck.

My mother-in-law had the same surgery a couple of years ago, and is now able to swing a golf club (she'll be 91 this month...).

Here's hoping that you recover rapidly and regain your full mobility in that shoulder, Cigarbum! [D]

Chris

I hope I am as lucky as your mother-in-law. In my last conversation with my Dr., all my hobbies may be out the window, fly fishing, hi-powered rifle shooting , even the big cal pistols, golf, says I may last 3 or 4 holes, wood working, going to be real careful. Now what do I do with all my toys????

With full replacement, both ball and socket, more risk I guess. Getting old is a real bummer.

cb

I hope I am as lucky as your mother-in-law. In my last conversation with my Dr., all my hobbies may be out the window, fly fishing, hi-powered rifle shooting , even the big cal pistols, golf, says I may last 3 or 4 holes, wood working, going to be real careful. Now what do I do with all my toys????

Well, here's hoping that doc is wrong--(maybe it doesn't hurt to be a bit sanguine on this sort of subject).

With full replacement, both ball and socket, more risk I guess.

As it turns out, my M-I-L had a full joint replacement, too, including a reversal of the joint, i.e., ball --> clavicle, socket --> arm) The only thing currently holding her back is a knee--about to be replaced. Not too bad for 91 and playing golf all her life.

Chris

Hey Bob, The hard part is over - from now on - every day you get a little better - find stuff you can do and focus on that - do your physio, then do a little extra - it all takes time. In 2003, I just about tore my leg off at the knee. It took a year. That's when I got in on the forum here. So hang in there, buddy. Slainte. Hamish

Yes, I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery. The pain will diminish over time.

Once you get the stitches out, I'd recommend rubbing some Vitamin E cream along the wound every day. That will help it heal faster and become less noticeable. I've got a foot-long scar on each thigh, but they're smooth and the colour matches the rest of the skin, so you can barely see them.

Hurts to look at that!

You really should come clean and tell everyone how you really got that gash on your shoulder......

Some bear came by and tried to mooch in on your moonshine operation, huh??

Images of the bear are not available because the bear was unrecognizable after you were done with it. [:|]