OT: Did you ever have a teddy bear?

Shodrewken

Okay, I'll take some guff for this but 'yeah' both my older brother and I had Teddy Bears. His was black/white and mine was brown. Now for the kicker. I still have mine. To be clear I did not hold on to the scruffy little thing decade after decade. My mother did. About 5 years ago she thoughtfully repatriated the little bugger to its rightful owner. In March I'll be 60 and my Teddy Bear is in all snuggly in the closet (among some unused stereo stuff BTW). I should have gotten him back before my last marriage. Maybe he'd have protected me from that monster. Probably not. But he's a survivor complete with original stuffing and still with both eyes. He is sorta mashed but hey so am I.

I had one that I recall. A little panda. The dim memory I have is of it pretty dirty and the nose gone. I am sure my mom finally gave it a decent burial. On a sort of connected thought, I recall hearing a him I liked in the Baptist church I assumed was about a teddy bear. It was called "Gladly, the Cross Eyed Bear."

Dave

I had one that I recall. A little panda. The dim memory I have is of it pretty dirty and the nose gone. I am sure my mom finally gave it a decent burial. On a sort of connected thought, I recall hearing a him I liked in the Baptist church I assumed was about a teddy bear. It was called "Gladly, the Cross Eyed Bear."

Dave

Cute, Dave.

I had a large teddy bear with a rubbery face. I had it up until a year ago, when the Mrs. convinced me to toss it. Not sure that was a good idea. I still have my little yellow elephant, though.

Sooooo glad you guys all had happy childhoods. This is my old teddy demon-from-hell. Although I subsequently slept with much scarier bedmates, this thing probably goes a long way toward explaining how I got to be the way I am. I think I tore it's creepy hands off so it couldn't strangle me in my sleep. At least I didn't worry about the monsters under my bed.

post-17394-13819687161142_thumb.jpg

I had one... a very simple baby-blue and white bear... and unsurprisingly my mum hung onto it, returning it to me a while back. He's now sleeping comfortably in one of my dresser drawers, ready to pounce... incase.

This is my old teddy demon-from-hell.

wow... what can i say... [:|] ...

ROb