Carroll Shelby died today.

Islander

He built my favorite vehicle of all time. What a huge talent we lost.

Exactly

I just love this design from the first time seeing it, just something about it.

One of my mother out laws cousin's, Dale, had a kit Cobra with one of Carol Shelby's earlise Aluminum block engines, not at all the correct cast iron block used in the Cobras. But something crazy like the 3rd aluminum block engine Carol Shelby had built and I think Dale had Carol autograph something for his kit Cobra.

Auctioned of a ride in that at that family reunion "white elephant" auction. I didn't win but new my wallet was a bit thin. But oh God did that look like fun. Hit the interstate like a bat out of hell, and very fast to bat out of hell speed, or so the lady with the formerly perfectly coifed hair said.

Thought I supose If I'd have asked for a ride, or if they could auction more I could've gotten one. Dale was such a nice "good ole boy" who founded a very successful trucking company and thankfully enjoyed the fruits of his labor but got taken out waaaaaaaayyyy too young by some form of cancer.

And earlier today (ok Friday) Pick had posted a few photos of a kit Cobra he saw somewhere in the Detroit area.

RIP Carol. Your will never be forgotten now will anyone else put so much fun and coolness into the automobile.

I read about this last night. I am ging to the Raceday Cafe at the Las Vegas Speedway for breakfast today before a motorcycle ride. That used to be Shelby's cafe, his facility is right there. They have a free museum too, if ever in Vegas, it is worth seeind if you are a fan of Shelby.

It is a loss but he did make it to 89 after a heart transplant 20 years ago. Amazing.

I am ging to the Raceday Cafe at the Las Vegas Speedway for breakfast today before a motorcycle ride. That used to be Shelby's cafe, his facility is right there. They have a free museum too, if ever in Vegas, it is worth seeind if you are a fan of Shelby.

Once while attending a convention in Vegas, we drove around sight seeing and stopped by the race track. It was empty that day and quite a facility. We stumbled into the museum inside what looked like an industrial complex. It was so awesome to see and touch some of the vintage Cobras, GT's and current production models. They were assembling engines in the building next door and like you said all of this was free.

Rest in peace Mr. Shelby.....your legacy will live forever!

Shelby was the Paul Klipsch of the U.S. auto industry. Even Carroll had his "Heresy".

86GLHS.jpg

I used to be a car guy. I remember this They made "mods" like removing the AC and floor insulation to reduce weight. The 1980's were dark times for car nuts.

If anyone is in Las Vegas and goes to the Speedway, check out the Raceday Cafe. Food is all made fresh and really good, and reasonably priced too. I ate a huge meal before a 450 mile motorcycle ride.

Shelby was the Paul Klipsch of the U.S. auto industry. Even Carroll had his "Heresy".

86GLHS.jpg

I used to be a car guy. I remember this They made "mods" like removing the AC and floor insulation to reduce weight. The 1980's were dark times for car nuts.

If anyone is in Las Vegas and goes to the Speedway, check out the Raceday Cafe. Food is all made fresh and really good, and reasonably priced too. I ate a huge meal before a 450 mile motorcycle ride.

Actually the auto design disaster started in the later 70's.