RIP Andy Griffith

CECAA850

Certainly very sad, Andy was like a Father to a whole generation.I always loved the early Andy stuff (never watched Matlock) he was the Father I always wanted to be to my kids.It is for sure the end of another chapter of life for many of us.He will live forever on tv just as he will be remembered, Goodbye Andy RIP.

IMO, the Andy Griffith Show was the greatest TV show ever made. The love Andy showed for his son Opie is an inspiration to many and who I inspire to be as a father. My understanding Andy was that kind of father figure to Ron Howard on the set and many years after. I have a long way to go. Wholesome show that we need more of today.

A sad day it is.[:(]

Bill

Wholesome show that we need more of today.

We're told nobody would laugh at that corny stuff and they HAVE to be raunchy and crude...

Right. What a load... Modern writers wouldn't know real talent from hen's teeth.

Dave

One of my first experiences with bluegrass was from Andy Griffith show. A friend of mine worked with Andy on a few films and said he was a colorful character off screen and not nearly clean and polished as on tv. Apparently a real hoot and was nice to everyone on set.

Andy Griffith and The Darlings. Dang some great clips and glad these are on youtube.

Andy Griffith was awesome! I've always liked him, soooo much. I always thought one of his neatest pieces was being in Brad Paisley's music video "Waitin' on a Woman". It will just about make you cry to watch it.

Great story on Paisley and Griffith in the L.A. Times:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-brad-paisley-remembers-andy-griffith-costar-of-his-waitin-on-a-woman-video-20120703,0,4137394.story

Paisley called up and told Griffith's wife that he and his band would come and visit, an all acoustic afternoon with Andy.

Bruce