Alex Trebek's a Scumbag

thebes

Yet another aging crook who can never, ever have enough money. "Defraud them all I say!, the company's paying me very, very well. Time to trade in once again on my perceived honesty as a folksy, brainy tv personality."

Direct to you from the Ed McMahon school of fraud, is Colonial Penn's latest spokesperson. Colonial Penn, is there a more crooked company in America?

I tried putting them out of business in the 1970's and failed, one of many major regrets in my life.

Trebek's ad says you can buy "one unit" (huh?) of life insurance for only $10 smackers a month. Ok, I'm age 63,and they will sell me 7 units, a bit over $10K for only $800 ducats a year. Gee that's $300 more than Gerber Life, another chop shop that expects you to suck down their pablum on your way to drooling senility.

Oh, here's the kicker, actuarialy, I'm going to live another 18 years, so I will have paid $18000 for $10,000 worth of insurance.

Why does talent, success and admiration never overcome the basics of greed. Is this all that ever moved them?

I hate scumbag spokespeople and I really hate all the fast buck artists they ally themselves with.

Rant over.

• Moderators

Trebek's ad says you can buy "one unit" (huh?) of life insurance for only $10 smackers a month. Ok, I'm age 63,and they will sell me 7 units, a bit of $10K for only $800 ducts a year. Gee that's $300 more than Gerber Life, another chop shop that expects you to suck down their pablum on your way to drooling senility.

Oh, here's the kicker, actuarialy, I'm going to live another 18 years, so I will have paid $18000 for $10,000 worth of insurance.

Alot of insurance companies sell this kind of policy (did insurance for years) it's just a GAP policy, usually only bought by really old people or very sick people. [:o] Well it's true, if you die within the first 2 years it only returns your premiums paid, the death benefit is only after 2 years, including suicide in the first 2 years, after that you can jump off a building and they will pay. The price is always high because it's guaranteed acceptance, your health does not matter, also the application is as simple as could be, not the standard insurance app.

Anyway I don't care for AT or his game show, my mother watches it every evening, along with wheel of misfortune. [:(] That is about when my sister picks her up everyday, I then turn off the TV before she's out the driveway.

Trebek's ad says you can buy "one unit" (huh?) of life insurance for only $10 smackers a month. Ok, I'm age 63,and they will sell me 7 units, a bit of $10K for only $800 ducts a year. Gee that's $300 more than Gerber Life, another chop shop that expects you to suck down their pablum on your way to drooling senility.

Alot of insurance companies sell this kind of policy (did insurance for years) it's just a GAP policy, usually only bought by really old people or very sick people. Surprise Well it's true, if you die within the first 2 years it only returns your premiums paid, the death benefit is only after 2 years, including suicide in the first 2 years, after that you can jump off a building and they will pay. The price is always high because it's guaranteed acceptance, your health does not matter, also the application is as simple as could be, not the standard insurance app.

Anyway I don't care for AT or his game show, my mother watches it every evening, along with wheel of misfortune. Sad That is about when my sister picks her up everyday, I then turn off the TV before she's out the driveway.

Yeah, I did insurance for a few years myself. Problem is, this is not marketed as a gap policy. It's also at least twice as expensive as any gap policy should be and Alex Trebek is used to cast a shadow or respectability over a financial ripoff. BBB gives them a C plus and that's giving them a huge benefit of a doubt. They've also been fined numerous times by States Attorney's General and State Insurance Commissioners, the later a surprise in itself given their penchant for rubber stamping the industry they supposedly regulate.

It figures. He's yet another one of those sneaky, sly , con artists constantly slipping over the boarder from Canada to prey on good, honest, and trusting Americans.

Neo, according to actuarial tables I should expect another 18 years of blissful listening to my stereo.

I hate scumbag spokespeople and I really hate all the fast buck artists they ally themselves with.

Rant over.

Here is a beautiful clip of Alex at his prime:

It was a different time, political correctness had not been invented (wish we could turn the clock back on that one), you could enjoy a six pack while driving to work, free love was everywhere and apparently they had not invented the razor yet.

How about that TV ad for reverse mortgages? They make sure you hear "you still own your home and keep the title for it" but they never say anything about the lean they will put against it, what the interest rate is or how many people they put out on the street.

Gerber is not even an American based company any longer. Switzerland, since 1994. But that logo sure looks American. And Gerber retains 83% of the baby food business in this country and it is all made overseas. Insurance? Name one that isn't profoundly misrepresentative. What a racket.

Now there is a thought......selling class A amps to the elderly... "You will never have to be cold again" from someone you can trust.Roll-eyes

Ummm... we can make it sound current and call them TRANSFORMERS. [:(]

Why does talent, success and admiration never overcome the basics of greed. Is this all that ever moved them?

Rant over.

Hey Marty! Guess greed exists at all ages when dealing with the commercial world (but at least she's more pleasant to look at than Alex Trebek!!!)....................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfqwmTQO6LY

Rant over.

Hey Marty! Guess greed exists at all ages when dealing with the commercial world (but at least she's more pleasant to look at than Alex Trebek!!!)....................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfqwmTQO6LY

Change "Commercial World" to "Real World", and I'll be more readily agreeable. Speaking of commercials, Thebeee, take a break from ole Alex and watch is commercial form a buddy of mine.....