Favorite fast foods

juniper8

I was wondering if people had some favorite fast foods, and also if they were from where they grew up, or other places. I have eaten all over the country and most of my favorites are from where I grew up, western n.y. I was thinking it has to be some form of conditioning, because the odds are to grea,t they would all be from the same general area. All these foods I have tried in dozens and dozens of cities, but to me, it is never as good. My favorite pizza is Bocce pizza, best wings are Rooties,... which has moved to Kentucky "Duffs" are ok, favorite hot dogs are Teds charbroilled sahlens hot dogs, but I dont eat hot dogs anymore, best nasty Taco is mighty taco.. If anyone is familiar with these or wants recipes for their sauces I can make them all almost exactly, the people I know who have tried them say they taste exactly the same... Please share some of your favorite fast nasty food favorite's and if you have recipes and are availiable for PM's that would be great too.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the day (in Arkansas) it was Minute Man hamburgers. Had a big charcoal grill right behind the counter. They also had signature radar deep dish pies. here a pic of the last surviving minute man which by this time had added a drive through.

post-11993-13819830458884_thumb.jpg

A few of my favorites

Carls Jr. love their Six Dollar Burgers especially the guacomole bacon or teriyaki pineapple versions

Arbys Roast Beef

Subway's Cold Cut Combo

Yoshinoya beef and chicken combo bowl

Flame Broiler beef and chicken combo bowl

Chinese by far, not really fast food but it really is fast.

...The two summers between 6th-7th grade and then 7th&8th, me and 4 of my neighborhood friends would scour as much change from or parents cars and change banks at least once a week and each get ....MandrinManor's.......Beef and Broccoli....It was somehow magical to us.

Then in High school me and my close friends had two food rituals....One, was everyday at lunch me and my cronies would get Zagnut bars(best deal in the cafeteria vending machine) and eat them in solidarity at the end of every lunch period.....Two, every half-day we had we would venture to a local Thai restaurant called.....LanaThai...in Jupiter,FL...and usually try to burn off our taste buds..

I know these aren't fast food but growing up I just went to all the normal Mcd's,BK's,Pizzahut's......although Mom never liked Arby's , so Dad and I would go black-ops to sneak in 2 regulars each, and drench them with their mind altering special sauce.

I was always partial for Arbys and KFC but only the extra crispy (do they still have that?).

Pizza was Little Italy in Pottstown Pa. which in the 70´s was notorious for being burnt down 2 to 3 times a year, always came back up though. The best pizza I have ever had.

In Gilroy California was Potatoe Beef burritos from the roach coach in front of the high school, which probably led to my obesity as a teen.

I am always pretty happy to find a Subway for fast food. I went vegetarian about 7 years ago , and besides Taco Bell there are very few fast food places to eat. Surprisingly ,most Chinese vegetarian dishes are pretty blah. The veggie foot longs from Subway are really good.

remember to hug a tree today ![;)]

Mark

If anyone is familiar with these or wants recipes for their sauces I can make them all almost exactly, the people I know who have tried them say they taste exactly the same

How about the cheese sauce (Del Oro) that they make at Don Pablos?

Dee,

"Our" Minute Man (pictured) was the first place I had a microwaved dish. I didn't know how hot it would be, and my first bite of a "Radar Pie" peeled the roof of my mouth off...One bite was all I had. I think I need a "Big M" soon ...or a "Mexican Burger" with lots of onions.

SSH

I would vote for In n Out Burgers as well, the fries suck but at my age I don't need em. The best more national chains I would say Wendy's.

For a burger In n Out is good but Carl's Jr is much better, Carl's Jr is a big chain in the west US those in the East may not be familiar with it. Carl Karcher founder of Carl's Jr and Dave Thomas founder of Wendy's were a lot alike and both did a lot of their own TV commercials, they became friends I believe, both passed away at about the same time as well.

I love Wendy's chili, I liked Wendy's burgers better before they changed them about a year or so ago

One of Carl's Jr's Memphis BBQ Burger commercials

Dee,

"Our" Minute Man (pictured) was the first place I had a microwaved dish. I didn't know how hot it would be, and my first bite of a "Radar Pie" peeled the roof of my mouth off...One bite was all I had. I think I need a "Big M" soon ...or a "Mexican Burger" with lots of onions.

SSH

heh. yeh. had the same experience with those hot pies. still had no idea what a microwave oven was back then. Did the Mexican burger have chili and cheese on it? That one was good for a change up for sure? remember the shakes being good, too.

For those of you in the south, I remember Bojangles fried chicken and biscuits. It has been 30 years, but it was so good, real spicy fried hicken and huge biscuits. Went to KFC recently, the chicken is not at all like I remember.

Subway is great for traveling, fairly healthy and consistently decent. In and Out is good, and I have to disagree with JB, they make their fries fresh, love them.

We also have a Robertos Taco Shop neaby. Very authentic Mexican food which is good and bad. Breakfast burrito and Nachos with carne asada are both great, some of their stuff is kind of nasty though. The owner dresses like Elvis would if he were going to church and looks like he is from the Mexican Mafia.

We also have a Teriaki Madness nearby which makes awesome spicy chicken and rice. Really good asian food (better than restaurants) and pretty healthy.