Favorite fast foods

juniper8

For those of you in the south, I remember Bojangles fried chicken and biscuits. It has been 30 years, but it was so good, real spicy fried hicken and huge biscuits.

+1 for Bojangles , my favorite fried chicken fast food place . Consistently good and not as greasy as KFC or Churches .

For burgers it's hard to beat 5 Guys Burgers and Fries . Really fresh ingredients and free roasted peanuts to nosh on while you wait for your order . Don't dare step into one of their stores if you have a peanut allergy they're everywhere .

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I went vegetarian about 7 years ago

That being the case, you should sell me those RB-75's as they are somewhat beefy. Big Smile

The do kind of look like they would be more meat than vegetable to me.

Vegetarian, I like to do that with my meat if done right. [Y]

I could give up meat, but not the grilled or smoked meats. [:P]

• Moderators

Krystal doubles with cheese. Similar to White Castle, just the South's version.

Nu-Way Weiners, Macon Georgia. The nastiest, greasiest, incredible hotdogs in the South

Had a few Krystal last week, always did like those, I really like a good hot dog or sausage, that's hard to beat.

Whataburger, Frostop, very good root beer also, or hundreds of places to get a good poboy, really the best bet here.

For a burger In n Out is good but Carl's Jr is much better,

love Carl's Jr--not a fan of In & Out....But, my ultimate is Del Taco. I eat there about five times a week. Can be a dangerous place though--if you're walking there. Let me just say, look both ways before crossing the street and stay out of the way of Toyota Tundras.

love Carl's Jr--not a fan of In & Out....But, my ultimate is Del Taco. I eat there about five times a week. Can be a dangerous place though--if you're walking there. Let me just say, look both ways before crossing the street and stay out of the way of Toyota Tundras.

In-N-Out is King! Carl's Jr. has a good $6 Burger. Del Taco became good when they bought out Nogales and used their menu. Macho Beef! This is my Last Supper here in Vegas. Back home to Buffalo tomorrow.

post-57579-1381983049975_thumb.jpg

In n Out is good not great, small an very basic they are like a fresh not frozen McDonalds with lettuce and tomato.

Not at all like this Carl's Jr. Angus beef 1/2 lb single flame grilled patty guacomole bacon Six Dollar Burger which is one of the biggest, tastiest, messiest to eat major fast food burgers I've ever seen.

Posted Image

Every Carl's Jr burger is bigger and better tasting than In n Out's tiny, fried, mostly lettuce burger.

Del Taco has new menu items all the time and is nothing like Nogales they've come a long way since those days.

Back in the day (in Arkansas) it was Minute Man hamburgers. Had a big charcoal grill right behind the counter. They also had signature radar deep dish pies. here a pic of the last surviving minute man which by this time had added a drive through.

Hey, Doug...what was the one in Arkansas that featured the "butter burger?" There was at least one in Little Rock and one in El Dorado. I believe the "butter" part was that they browned the bun in butter on the grill.

It's been 40 plus years, but I remember them as awesome with fries and a root beer.

While here I'll second Carl on the Taco Cabana as "fast" Mexican that doesn't taste that way at all.

I recall being really hungry a couple of years ago and thinking "Well, there's some reason I haven't grabbed a taco from Taco Bell in a decade or so, but can't remember and surely they can't be that bad." One bite and I remembered: Wet Gaines meal wrapped in cardboard. Lordy, I've no idea how they sell those things. There CANNOT be any cow in there...

Dave

In-N-Out is King! Carl's Jr. has a good $6 Burger. Del Taco became good when they bought out Nogales and used their menu. Macho Beef! This is my Last Supper here in Vegas. Back home to Buffalo tomorrow.

hope you enjoyed that meal before heading back to the snow. me, not being a fan of in&out, would have suggested you go to FatBurger instead. They closed the one here; but, the Vegas one is still open. But then again, there are Del Tacos in Vegas too! Have a safe trip home.