NEED A PAIR OF K-HORNS PLEASE

KHORNLOVER

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this has been happening a lot here as well. There is a klipsch "flipper" just down freeway from me who must scan craigslist all day long. I've been trying to slowly build back my system since my divorce. There was a mint pair of cherry RF-5's for $400 ( his asking price, but I'm sure he sold them for less) and I called within 30 minutes and they were already sold. A short time later, they were listed on this forum:-( That wasn't the first time the "flipper" beat me out on a good deal only to re-sell them. Almost everything he sells here has been bought on craigslist to be flipped. I gave up after he bought the RF-5's.

Yeah, this has been happening a lot here as well. There is a klipsch "flipper" just down freeway from me who must scan craigslist all day long. I've been trying to slowly build back my system since my divorce. There was a mint pair of cherry RF-5's for $400 ( his asking price, but I'm sure he sold them for less) and I called within 30 minutes and they were already sold. A short time later, they were listed on this forum:-( That wasn't the first time the "flipper" beat me out on a good deal only to re-sell them. Almost everything he sells here has been bought on craigslist to be flipped. I gave up after he bought the RF-5's.

I hear that Goodwill stores are great places to get good deals too. I hit several, several times over a few weeks. I asked the clerks if they get much of the older stereo equipment in. The answer was yes, but there are a couple of guys who check the stores 3 and sometimes 4 times everyday. I just wanted to score a pair of speakers or a solid state amp or...,I don't have time to compete with flippers. [N]

These "flippers" are everywhere I guess...we certainly have a couple here in Little Rock. They are buying at good prices and then immediately reselling, or at least pricing the Klipsch gear, at absurd prices. I guess they are making a business out of it. Obviously, there are many uninformed buyers out there. In order for any of us to find a good deal, you have to be super quick and lucky.

Hogfan

These "flippers" are everywhere I guess...we certainly have a couple here in Little Rock. They are buying at good prices and then immediately reselling, or at least pricing the Klipsch gear, at absurd prices. I guess they are making a business out of it. Obviously, there are many uninformed buyers out there. In order for any of us to find a good deal, you have to be super quick and lucky.

Hogfan

Or just wait for the daily 'No Affiliation' postings here.

Keith

Or just wait for the daily 'No Affiliation' postings here.

Keith

You're right, that's how we can get what we're looking for. I really do like how we watch out for deals for one another. I post deals when I see them. We have a real Bloodhound helping out daily who has helped me more than once finding good deals. [Y]

He found someone selling center that I am picking up tomorrow. [H]

I see you have these for sale in the Orlando Craigslist. I hope all is well and this is not forced sale. You should list them here as well since we all know they are in excellent condition. Good luck with the sale.

MB

Dude has them listed on the Bay as well. http://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCHORN-SPEAKERS-VINTAGE-1985-WALNUT-CONSECUTIVE-NUMBERS-MINT-MINT-LOVED-/251342013233?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item3a8526c331#ht_908wt_924

Hurry everyone, don't let this "bargain" get away! lol

RIGGED