Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
JL Sargent

Show us your great photography thread!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Ma & Pa seem to have done a good job @dtel

Looks like you and the Mrs will have your chance soon too.

*As doting grandparents obviously.

Congratulations!

Edited by JohnJ
*
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all, we have 3 daughters age between 36 and almost 40, this makes the 7th grandchild, the oldest is 18.

Grandkids are much more fun then kids, probably because we're older and have slightly more patience, well until you put a bunch of the young ones together anyway, that could test a saint. :lol:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dtel said:

I am glad I got to see this happen

Awesome! Congratulations Elden. Precious moment for sure.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations Elden and Christy. Very glad to hear Momma and baby are doing fine.

@dtel@dtel's wife

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't posted many pics in a good while, but Im really proud of this one.    River was way high and muddy from all the rain and we missed the peak of the spawn, but we ground it out all day.  A little You Tube kids on the water and a little fishing  blessed us with 8 fish and he caught his personal best of 2.2 lbs.

 

 

 

yumOXU8.jpg

 

 

 

Cant forget the tough guy shot

 

w6nuQcq.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cute little Max you have there, I know he had fun with a white perch/sac a lait that size they fight pretty good compared to other fish their size. 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dtel said:

Cute little Max you have there, I know he had fun with a white perch/sac a lait that size they fight pretty good compared to other fish their size. 

 

 

Thank you Dtel.  He has been a Crappie fisherman since he was almost still wearing a diaper.  I have several pictures like this from the past 2.5 to 3 years.  Once I get 10 years or so worth, Im going to make a big photo collage of him from age 3 and on just holding his trophies.  :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a good idea, those are some nice sizes, makes cleaning and eating much easier. My wife likes the regular perch also, I don't have the patience to eat those little things, almost no meat.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dtel said:

That's a good idea, those are some nice sizes, makes cleaning and eating much easier. My wife likes the regular perch also, I don't have the patience to eat those little things, almost no meat.

I think the 1-1.5 lb crappie eat the best, but maybe its all in my head.

 

Here are a few larger.  2.5 -2.7lb Crappie.  Longer than 5 gallon bucket.  2017 was a good year for bigger fish on the River.

 

Although, these are little guys compared to MS Crappie.  

 

ObNXoFG.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not saying how to cook the larger ones yet sometimes the larger filets cook better quicker by putting a couple or three slice marks into the thicker ones, 

Nice pictures of young going

Pro...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Max2 said:

Although, these are little guys compared to MS Crappie.  

I wish, that's a good size no matter where you're at.

 

That's about the size of the biggest I have ever caught, that size would make me happy every time. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yes, those are in wall hanger territory. Many fishermen would be right proud...

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

I wish, that's a good size no matter where you're at.

 

That's about the size of the biggest I have ever caught, that size would make me happy every time. 

 

 

Edited by billybob
I'm istake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this at a thrift store in Robbinsville NC 

DIYvX8j3QcGKsJmpsx3KzQ.jpg

Innocent enough I guess but it seems all sorts of wrong 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Max2 said:

Haven't posted many pics in a good while, but Im really proud of this one.    River was way high and muddy from all the rain and we missed the peak of the spawn, but we ground it out all day.  A little You Tube kids on the water and a little fishing  blessed us with 8 fish and he caught his personal best of 2.2 lbs.

 

 

 

yumOXU8.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Crappie are the best eating fish imo. We call em sac a lait down here in south Louisiana. Milky white, soft tender fillets,  breaded and deep fried. I've caught a few. Tube jigs, great little fighter.

Handsome little fisherman. 

Edited by polizzio
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, polizzio said:

 

Crappie are the best eating fish imo. We call em sac a lait down here in south Louisiana. Milky white, soft tender fillets,  breaded and deep fried. I've caught a few. Tube jigs, great little fighter.

Handsome little fisherman. 

You betcha deep fried. Around here they call speckled or specs.

Panfish or Sunfish places. Sweet...a rose by any other name...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Saw this at a thrift store in Robbinsville NC 

Robbinsville is a nice little town, stayed there for a week once. Close to the dragon and not far to other nice scenic rides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dtel said:

I wish, that's a good size no matter where you're at.

 

That's about the size of the biggest I have ever caught, that size would make me happy every time. 

 

Oh no, MS leads the country in top Crappie fishing.  You need to head a little North where 3+ pounders are caught on the norm and frequently. Im trying to shoehorn in a trip in the future.

 

I might add the limit is 15 over there on top lakes in MS and fish must be 12".   Here in AR the limit is 30 and some lakes have a 9 or 10" rule, but I don't think they enforce the length much.

 

Here is a breakdown of the Crappie Lakes ranked in MS and this is a nationwide wide ranking

 

Grenada Lake is listed as No. 1.

• Sardis Lake ranks No. 2.

• Arkabutla Lake makes the list at No. 5.

• Lake Washington is listed at No. 7.

• Enid Lake makes the list at No. 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had no idea, wish it were closer, sounds like fun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...