Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Speedball II said:

.......and Cables......:D

This place feels like the adult playground with no agenda or rules.

There is a nice friendly group within this thread.

25 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

One Is Too Many And A Thousand Not Enough 

My Dad drinks about a gallon of coffee per day, he's 87, and very healthy.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

it's time for more coffee and some

pastries ..unfortunately I'm unable

to share this with you..

but I will share the pictures...

chocolate pusties..and sfogliatella

IMG_20170804_171054_hdr.jpg

IMG_20170804_171105_hdr.jpg

Damn Mike I haven't had any carbs all week.  Could just about eat through the box to get at those.

• Like 5

• Moderators
On 2/6/2014 at 8:33 AM, Tarheel said:

My morning routine has me enjoying a cup or two of non GMO, environmentally friendly, green, expensive, co-op purchased, coffee while reading the latest in the cable debate now on page 19 in one thread and a "hot topic" in two others.

Pursuing Cal's thread that wandered a bit and ended up in a discussion of coffee I would like to pick the brain of the serious coffee drinkers here and get some suggestions, tips, and advice.

Here are the particulars. I usually do not grind my own beans. I drink two cups in the morning....that's it. Expensive to me is more than $10 a pound. I am not particularly loyal to any brand or purveyor. I have a Keurig but routinely use a Mr. Coffee. I guess among serious coffee drinkers, to use an audio comparison, I am in the boom box stage.

So what would be a step up?

This was Tarheels first post over 3 years ago, and we have gone through 1500 pages talking about everything, including coffee, ....sounds about right. :emotion-21:

• Like 5

On 8/2/2017 at 6:23 PM, dirtmudd said:

teaman do I get a bulk deal ???

that's what I paid with a quart of half/half  ?

IMG_20170802_181634_hdr.jpg

IMG_20170802_181641_hdr.jpg

IMG_20170802_182158_hdr.jpg

morning coffee....but I don't think

I have enough to make through

the day...they don't make things

like they use too !! you can't buy

a 1lb bag of coffee...or a half gallon

of ice cream....life sucks....

in less your in Japan !!! they bought

all most all of are early vintage

sound systems and tube amps...

and sent their inferior chip amps..

now they want them back...

IMG_20170806_080331_hdr.jpg

• Like 3

Coffee intake is occurring next up today is a refurb of my daughter's room; paint and flooring. What that child has done to her carpet is a crime. Going with some 12mm laminate which is fairly inexpensive and can be easily removed to re-carpet upon sale.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, USNRET said:

Coffee intake is occurring next up today is a refurb of my daughter's room; paint and flooring. What that child has done to her carpet is a crime. Going with some 12mm laminate which is fairly inexpensive and can be easily removed to re-carpet upon sale.

Inexpensive wood flooring is a good option. I think you'll want to change it for a different style or color before it wears out.

• Like 1

Evening gang... just checking in..

Yea Chuck congrats on the 1500 pages for sure:emotion-21::emotion-21:... lots of fun stuff over the last few years:lol:

Man what a week...

The BOSS was with her mom most of the week and only came in the shop a couple time to do some bills for me. It take me for ever to do the billing. I did one customers bill and took me 20+ minutes to do it. there was only two parts too billed out on the job and just two labor lines but it still took me that long. 

Also our youngest wrecked her 99 Civic. The one with 335K on it..... off the road and into a telephone pole. What a nice old car it was. Got it from our customer about 5 years back. I've been working on this little Civic since it had about 80K on it. Just put on new set tires, front struts and new headlights just a few months back. The main this is my daughter is OK...

So The BOSS and I just got back from buying a 2000 CRV for her. Should be a nice little truck for her.

I'll get it to the shop tomorrow and get it state inspected. 277K on this little gem.... great service history and no rust on the sub-frame or brake & fuel lines. Interior in great shape. 

OK gang, check in during the week... a good week to all...

MKP :-)

• Like 6