Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning Gang

40 going to 61 :emotion-21:

Wake up to Coffee waiting and wife off to work  :unsure2: 

Batt box is going in that damm Boat today and project WILL progress.

Feel like im a week behind on the Boat even though no one is in any hurry, sittin around waiting for Ebay parts saves money big time but drives me crazy  :wacko:   

• Like 4

mornin' guys. Snowy morning in Denver metro but should warm up later. Aubrey is doing fairly well but probably another 2 nights in the hospital. Looks like it's part of a respiratory virus hitting kids and old folks primarily and spreading through our state and others. ABC did a piece on it.

Hopefully we'll be back to 'normal' (whatever that is) shortly. Happy Friday and cheers to all.

It can be a slow process I am sure, but glad to hear she is on the mend. Bless her!

• Like 5

me and the wife do have fun, most people that come through the front door find out quickly we are not your regular-old auto shop........

Good for you, sounds like a good shop and I agree with what you said and your right if you are fair with people they appreciate it. Most people are happy to just not get ripped off and are willing to pay a fair price.

Have fun, a job doesn't have to be a pain, the works hard enough already.

A good mechanic is hard to find is more true now than ever. Especially one with Klipsch speakers in their shop.

Good fortune to you in the new year!

• Like 4

• Moderators
minermark, on 09 Jan 2015 - 09:06 AM, said:

:emotion-44::emotion-21::emotion-19:

Well now, i just realized its Friday, cool :emotion-21:

I May be retired, but Fridays have NOT changed, i just get them whenever i want, sometimes the real ones sneak up on me :rolleyes:

It's strange, even when everyday can be Friday or Saturday night when the real day rolls around it still feels better, like you should do something special. I guess it's all the years of training ?

But on the other side of that Sunday nights mean a whole new thing now, much better than before. :)

• Like 5

• Moderators

me and the wife do have fun, most people that come through the front door find out quickly we are not your regular-old auto shop........

Good for you, sounds like a good shop and I agree with what you said and your right if you are fair with people they appreciate it. Most people are happy to just not get ripped off and are willing to pay a fair price.

Have fun, a job doesn't have to be a pain, the works hard enough already.

A good mechanic is hard to find is more true now than ever. Especially one with Klipsch speakers in their shop.

Good fortune to you in the new year!

Very true, and yes MKP, hope you and the wife have a great year at the shop, have fun, laugh more, tell her how much you appreciate her.(it never hurts)

Or crazy neighbor went to a shrink once and he gave her great advice. "Enjoy yourself, have fun, this is not a rehearsal this IS your life, don't waste it making yourself miserable and angry" She hasn't changed a bit, it would be very sad to be on your last days thinking how much better things could have been, what could be worse ?

• Like 4

mornin' guys. Snowy morning in Denver metro but should warm up later. Aubrey is doing fairly well but probably another 2 nights in the hospital. Looks like it's part of a respiratory virus hitting kids and old folks primarily and spreading through our state and others. ABC did a piece on it.

Hopefully we'll be back to 'normal' (whatever that is) shortly. Happy Friday and cheers to all.

Hey Chuck,glad to see Aubrey is doing better.

Man......I hate it when the kids are sick......but your Aubrey is in the hospital........so my heart goes out to you guys....

Take care and the best of wishes to you all :-)

mark.....

• Like 3

Just got back from my parts run for the days work, need to rework the Boat batt box just a tad.

Ill be in the cave all day and it appears most of you gents will be doing the Boxx Tribute that iv already got a healthy start on yesterday, crackin a Corona NOW. :emotion-21:  :emotion-19:  :emotion-22:  

• Like 3

spinach pie started, I used some bacon drippings as well as 1 tsp of minced garlic and a pinch of oregano, Using a standard yellow onion (we do not have any sweet) so far eating the spinach straight out of the skillet  it tastes pretty good, at the let cool stage now  :D

send some to SoCal.  It sounds good.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Aubrey is doing fairly well but probably another 2 nights in the hospital. Looks like it's part of a respiratory virus hitting kids and old folks primarily and spreading through our state and others. ABC did a piece on it.

Don't know how I missed that, good luck and hope she gets better quicker than expected, your right it pretty widespread.

• Like 4

• Moderators
billybob, on 09 Jan 2015 - 5:55 PM, said:

Boxx is being paid respect for his kind and unique sense of humor.

To Boxx...hear hear :o I respectfully submit.

Your right, and he's probably a little upset at all the attention, but smiling. :)

It was nice knowing you Boxx. :emotion-21: A privilege really...

• Like 3

Retirees it's Saturday.  I think we have temperature outside but I'm not sure what it is :unsure: 

Working on the first cup and feeling a little fuzzy this morning.  Jake fed and back in his bed.  I have The Rifleman on :blink: 

The tributes to Boxx went well and could be found in two different threads.....RTM and 3 Minutes To Miller Time.  Take the time to read the many kind words spoken to Boxx and his family.  Once again it made me proud of this community.

LF is seeing off her family this morning so we will have the rest of the day together.  Jake probably wants to go to the dog park.  I want to hear my system with the software newly installed.

I got the feeling that some of us will be recuperating from last night but what do the rest of you have on tap?

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

post-17365-0-76300000-1420894309_thumb.j

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 8