Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Also saw the new Hunger Games/Mockingjay movie on the HT.

We watched that Friday night as well.  Luckily our 16 YO daughter was there with us to keep us straight on all the characters and refresh us on what happened in the last installment.

• Like 2

Back to low carb this morning.....lost ground over the weekend.  Cheesy eggs and crisp bacon....and coffee of course.

Jake over did it at the dog park Saturday and was too sore to take his usual walks yesterday.  Better today.

Painter back on the job this morning.  Hopefully he will finish tomorrow.

I'm loving the time change....walked a couple of miles after dinner last night.  The local park was full of people and dogs.

For you working stiffs.....go out there and make us proud :)

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 8

Morning Gang

Up again for the day ....maybe.

Heading out to the Farms, one farmer down with cold so im going to do a little electrical on his Volvo Tractor.

He requested some under dash lighting so he could see where to put his feet, pedals, ect.

Dowing that coffee, iv got cables/wiring waiting for me.

• Like 8

Happy Monday all! Had some wonderful friends over to try out the new projector and watched Master and Commander. A great time to be sure! My 2.5 yr old was so visibly crushed to not be a part of it that it actually bothered me in the back of my mind during the film. Gotta shake those big brown eyes but it's great he's at that stage where he wants to do everything with dad - I know that will change!

Anyway, as far as the movie goes, the jump from 65" to 150" was wonderful! SO cinematic! Have a great week everyone!

• Like 7

Got an email last night from my local roaster, he's got Monsooned Malabar back in stock

Never heard of that so I read up on it.  Very interesting process.  It reminds me of how a Madeira wine came to be. 

Does he have a website?

• Like 3

Got an email last night from my local roaster, he's got Monsooned Malabar back in stock

Never heard of that so I read up on it.  Very interesting process.  It reminds me of how a Madeira wine came to be. 

Does he have a website?

My guy is Zen Cafe in South Bend, IN.  If you want to, i can buy some and send to you.  Last time I purchased it was $12 per pound.  I'll be trying to get there either Tues or Thurs this week, and I can check again.  Let me know if you'd like some.  I have lots of small boxes I can put in a pound or two in, should be pretty cheap to send via USPS.  Happy to do it.  It is really, really great stuff.....If you do happen to email Sean, make sure to tell him that Jim sent you.  He knows me, I'm his best customer for this coffee.

http://zencafecoffee.com/html/main/index.php

Edited by jimjimbo
  • Like 4

You should check out Raspberry PI, from I what I can tell it does some what similar things that a Squeezebox could have.

I wouldn't think they would even be remotely similar in function but I'm not the most computer literate person here either.  The Duet is plug and play with pre-made apps and a remote with display and charging station.  The Pi is basically just a PC board, at least that's my impression.

• Like 2

Monsoon Malibar...sounds yummy. :)

You...losing weight there at the fridge at 2 @m :)

Just remember there is the cabbage soup diet. 10-17 lbs. in 7 days. Some merit as to the claim that, it may be water that you loose. However, if you are at a barrier you cannot penetrate with other diet, psych up and do a week without cheating to see how much you loose.

Please take the word"diet" with a bit of caution. Do not on a whole subscribe to that position. Have done this diet a couple of times and lost. See how much you have to loose.

***Keeping it off for a month after is the real test.

Dolly Parton diet

Mayo Clinic diet

Cabbage Soup diet

Was going to yammer on for a bit more but, the more soup you eat, the more you tend to loose. Plenty online.

• Like 5