Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Smoked shark is good :)

Like eating some fish occasionally Been avoiding tuna some

Fresh grouper, or snapper on a Captain's plate with hush pups,grits and a nice broiled grouper

Cole slaw if it is good. Iced tea, sweetened with lemon or lime. Tea is really good with lime my sis in law

taught me. 

Edited by billybob
  • Like 5

Friday for you that like it! I do except for work tomorrow. What am I saying, a working class hero os something to be.

Tigerman, I have been using sugar in the raw for a couple of months in my coffee. The glycemic index is lower by a little bit.

Went through a period when only drinking coffee black. Back in the day, I was able to get it even less refined but, good with coffee

nevertheless.

On another note, been hearing about black bear hunting special season in our area around October. Do not know of anyone having been injured so, may be because of population of black bears, some creating nuisance.

If I asked a black bear, guessing they would say, increase in population of people.

Wonder what the kids think about shooting down Smokey? Or even Yogi?

Well, speaking for the bears, think they were here first in the domain.

• Like 4

Good afternoon my coffee lovin' friends   :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

Billy, good to hear your 'numbers' are down........we like that  :emotion-21:

NEWS!,  pertaining to your Black Bear topic....      Now, I was outside today (after a 4 hour morning at work) working on the deck audio system.   Yes, fine tuning has begun, but I am DONE !!    I needed to RELOCATE the subwoofer.  It just was not making any bass located beside the grill, nothing to couple to.   :wacko2:

So, it was a major effort in adding FOUR, new extra cables and routing them around neatly with all the others and moving the subwoofer against the exterior house wall.   All hooked up, tested phase, channel orientation etc.  all CORRECT, and the TIC Sub is now making GREAT bass that can be heard through out the yard and beyond.   So, all speakers are now getting WET as a bit of rain moved in right at the finish of my project.

Ok, back to BEARS............so, I hear my name  being called out, and it was Pat next door (the one who LOVES the deck audio) and she was eager to tell me that her hubby 'Butch' was having his smoke last night out in the garage - door up and wide open when a black bear came right up to him at the garage entry!!!   According to Pat, the bear growled, and Butch being the comedian that I know him to be looked at the bear and said "WHAT?"  and the bear backed up, and Butch moved to the garage door switch and closed it...   They figured the bear moved on....

I have a number of photos of bears coming here, one in the maple tree right off the deck, another down in the yard while we were having dinner on the deck!  SHEESH!   Seems it is all about Bears and Sharks right now huh ???   Chuck ?

All for the moment........more later...

.............Gary

• Like 6

Evening Gang

Home at 1pm today after a finish to the trip in Reno last night.

Just woke up by my Farmer Bud asking me the Mix Ratio for the Ol'Boat project, guess he's going to take it out and play with his refurbished toy :wacko:

Currently aranging help to unload in the morning, not looking forward to these finger pinchin heavy weights :o

Coffee was great on the trip, (we took our own pot).

I guess my Fathers day present from the wife is, she is ALOWING me to unload in her Garage  :unsure2:  :emotion-21:  

Edited by minermark
  • Like 10

They figured the bear moved on.... I have a number of photos of bears coming here, one in the maple tree right off the deck, another down in the yard while we were having dinner on the deck! SHEESH! Seems it is all about Bears and Sharks right now huh ??? Chuck ?

Alright, that is getting close. Guess if I had a bear as close as that, I would reconsider my earlier statement. Hardly an ideal situation.

Sharks already have me paranoid about the water but, I see this may be no one way or the other as far as the issues.

Sancho has an immediate answer to it.

Enjoy the bass and deck system.

• Like 8

Good "Early" morning Gang

Coffee brewin, first Dickinsons blend in a week.

Last phone call last night was my Farmer Bud, took the Boat down and filled the tanks, still could not get it started.

So ya know where ill be @ 6am...... :o  :) 

Meanwile back at the homestead, arrangments have been made for 10am unload, or as i refer to it, "The Beasts have arrived"

• Like 8

Welcome back Steve and Mark!

Day one of the GM Diet.  Yep it's really called that.  No alcohol for a week :(

Happy father's day to all you dads!

Here is a pic of my father's day present from Jake (with an assist from LF)!

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

post-17365-0-34420000-1434885981_thumb.j

• Like 10

A little Pic to wet your pallets till Monday when i post Tim's contact info,( with his permission) nice guy that he is ill give him his Fathers Day without getting slammed with phone calls. 

And by the way, these little gems are a Bone apeice........

And i would NOT bother him with shipping, St Louis is a great road trip, and meeting an Audio wizard such as Tim is a once in a lifetime knowledge base, besides you would get to see his Full inventory :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

post-57941-0-70180000-1434886011_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 7

Mornin' and happy fathers day everybody. Nice cards and beautiful flowers from my sweetie and Baxter. Hoping to hear from the kids soon. Also trying to catch up on the yard after almost 2 weeks away but too hot to stay out for long. Will probably skip planting more stuff this year.

Cheers!!

• Like 6