Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good Monday Morning Gang

Will start Monday by taking the wife into her slightly major dental work, at least she will be stoned for the next few days, she does not like to take pain pills, finely convinced her, "That's Why They Give Them".

Zip planned because in retirement< Mondays do NOT exist.

post-57941-0-71420000-1436786452_thumb.j

• Like 7

Coffee and cinnamon rolls.  Overcast and muggy here.  May tidy the place up a bit as LF is on her way back. 

Dave I haven't heard much about your new cartridge.  How do you like it?

Just reading the thread on the $27 DAC from Amazon.  Wondering how different DACs can sound to warrant the price differences.  I'm still happy with my Maverick Tube Magic @ $250. 

Christy and dtel......get to work on my suite. 

Doing a rain dance for you California boys.   

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 5

Dave I haven't heard much about your new cartridge. How do you like it?

There's enough "daves" here to form a "Dave SIG," but if you mean me and the 2M Black, it's to cartridges what my K'horn's are to speakers.  I'm done.  OTOH, God help me if I trash the stylus.  500.00.  Ouch.

Dave

• Like 4

We have now officially started our typical summer south east TX weather cycle.  Torrential rain followed by grass burning drought.  95 or 96 degrees all week and into the weekend with zero chance of rain.  All our plants naturally love this.

• Like 4

Happy Monday, all. Erand running and tending the roses top the list today. Also need to get some tunes going again ... when I'm playing a lot of music I tend to not listen much and that's been the case lately.

Speaking of BBQ (huh?) we smoked a big batch of chicken thighs with pecan wood yesterday afternoon. All indirect heat. Really good stuff ... may want to try it if you haven't.

As always, cheers!

• Like 4

• Moderators

Day 3. Work continued on replacing flooring and sub flooring in parts of downstairs bedroom, the entire laundry room and into the kitchen. Made decision to remove all copper plumbing and replace with flex pipe.

Partied with the regulars, seafood gumbo cooked by our authentic Cajun chef, Lonny Chesnut. Short meeting with Chief Bonehead, Roy Delgado about April Pilgrimage.

• Like 5

We have now officially started our typical summer south east TX weather cycle.  Torrential rain followed by grass burning drought.  95 or 96 degrees all week and into the weekend with zero chance of rain.  All our plants naturally love this.

Hey at least its Monday.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Made decision to remove all copper plumbing and replace with flex pipe.

What kind of flex pipe and what was wrong with the copper???

PEX. Copper pipes have frozen and swollen. Using PEX and installing ball valve and drain for draining pipes in winter.

• Like 3