Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good morning and welcome to Friday. For you working stiffs, the entry to the weekend. For you retired folks, just another day of the week. 8 hours to kill and then some down time. I have prepared my laptop for tomorrows audio meeting. I've got JRiver 21 running, music loaded and at the ready. I will use a pair of Mark and Daniel Maximus Opal Air4 wireless speakers. The laptop and the speakers make an entire stereo system, as the speakers have built in wireless, DAC, and D-class amps. Looking forward to spending some time with like minded audio geeks.

Just in case you would like to read up on the speakers: http://madwirelesshifi.com/

Edited by Wardsweb
  • Like 7

Mornin' guys and Happy Friday. This should be a good retiree Friday out here. Great weather, grass to cut, buddy coming down from Longmont for lunch and maybe a jam session this afternoon. And ... NO problem with the eye floater. Thank God for good docs.

Chuck .... Jake looks like he loves baths as much as Baxter, 'cept Bax usually gets taken to a DIY dog wash.

Wardsweb ... be sure to report back on your audio meeting with pics if possible. Sounds cool.

Cheers to all.

• Like 8

Morning Gang

Friday for you worker Bee's.

95 predicted again, Morning work on the McMs, half stack done.

Hella lot of work making these critters as good as new again.

Couple of weeks when the second Bass Bin comes in the cave, the EAWs are outta here, plenty of room in the wifes garage.

Weather looks to be 90+ for the next week

post-57941-0-32520000-1443186761_thumb.j

• Like 10

Good Friday Morning Folks,

Looking good Mark, You must comment on any perceived SQ improvements over the EAW stack (some of us are living vicariously through you and need that input  :lol: )

More burn in of the little amp on today's agenda,  Wanted to pull the Throttle Body on the merc and check the base plate but the rain has other ideas  :angry:  I guess I will suffer with music  :)

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 7

Tarheel, Not really sure yet. Enjoyed last weekend just sitting still for a change instead of driving. Can concentrate more if I want on my stocks. Weather is indeed turning nicer here so...like having options. Right ATM, have a couple or 3 more seasons to go in the Netflix series with Nancy. Fall is the time of year when I come into my own.

Jake is a good boy as am sure Baxter is as well.

Like a cleanish dog... :) Good job!

With your LF, Jake, and hair that trump would envy, you are doing more than good yourself by the looks of things.

Watch the lunar event if you want to... :rolleyes:

• Like 7

Another rainy day here.  Went out to breakfast with three other geezers.  LF walked the Jakester......in the rain and then dried him off,

Volunteered at the library yesterday and found 7 dvds to resurface and bring home to get us through this rainy spell. 

Chuck....Jake usually goes to the diy dog wash too but I found he doesn't mind the cool water from the hose.  Use a hypo allergenic shampoo.  LF usually holds his ears flat to his head to keep the water out. Then lots of towels.  Bending over is the bad part so I used a patio chair yesterday.

billybob.....you aren't going stir crazy yet are you.

Have fun at the audio show Luther and please take some pics.

Okay....where is akdave, duder, Gary, dtel, and Sancho?

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 10

Funny you should ask, I feel like a prodigal... Greetings and happy Friday all! It's in the teens overnight now in the far northwest. We had an awesome summer and no complaints on the season change. Getting some more accomplished (trim, lighting) accomplished in the theater downstairs, I'll post pics soon. Hope you all are well and have a great weekend!

Tar Heel - it looks like I may make two trips to nc next year for weddings (Wilmington and Charlotte) I may have to see if we can grab a coffee in person!

• Like 7

I really love to visit the heat, I'm usually very happy to return home.  This is a great time - sunny skies during the day, the leaves are incredible colors, light jacket in the morning - mid sixties in the afternoon... sign me up!  PERFECT coffee weather! :emotion-44:

• Like 7

Afternoon all.....

Just eating a bit of lunch with the wife...we got some Papa John's Pizza today.... it's 1/2 off today. I'm surprised the one used car lot guy is not over here yet... he smells it as soon as the driver pulls into my lot.

Me and the wife just finnished one pizza......I'm gonna save the empty box for him....lol lol that should be good for a laugh....

Chuck....that rain your getting should be here by tomorrow night....the clouds are starting to roll in...

I hope it clears up by Sunday night.....I want to see that Super Moon....

A good day to all....

MKP :-)

• Like 8

It has been a long week. Would be thinking about popping a top but, may not feel like it. Maybe later. IAC,

home for the moment, unless I decide to drink some diet beer with friend, who is a weekend warrior, in the sense he is mostly a Friday night drinker. How do I break it to him that I quit my job and retired?

It is not his fault he is younger. Oh well, could just stay here instead of doing the driving of 50 one way.

One of these upcoming Fridays, I want to go to the old watering holes in T-town and see who is around on Fridays, and who has retired. Yep Tarheel, going to go stir unless I decide to go out some to reconnoiter the place. :ph34r:

Drinking a mid-evening cup and trying to decide what I feel like...a hermit or Saturday Night Fever-ish :)  :emotion-44:

"Should I stay or should I go now" If I go there will be trouble, And if I stay :emotion-55:

Edited by billybob
  • Like 8

Mornin' all. Looks like another pretty day. Have to see the eye doc later on for a 'floater' in my right eye. Supposedly common for old farts. They can be serious or not and this one doesn't seem to be a big deal so hoping for an easy fix. Planning on meeting up with some friends afterwards.

Have a great day and will try to check back later. Cheers.

I had floaters for a while.  They went away when I started jogging.  I think I shook them all loose and now they're piled up at the bottom of my eyeball. 

• Like 6