Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Thanks for the assist Ben!

This is at Kitty Hawk on the outer banks of NC right down the road from the Wright Brother's Memorial and a stones throw from where I use to vacation.  The road is very close to the shoreline and washes away periodically.  Some folks are still on septic tanks and they pop up out of the sand from time to time. 

• Like 7

Those are some pretty eerie looking photos, Chuck!   Please stay safe.  Thanks for the offer with the RTR reel.  I plugged the deck in, and the VU meters light up.  Tried play, FFwd & Rwd without a tape and nothing spun.  This is my first RTR and I don't have a manual, maybe the tape needs to be fed to trigger the reel to spin?

• Like 6

Hello there Todd!   If you want to see things spin up, just push the RIGHT tension lever UPWARD, you will here the cooling / drive motor spin up, then your play and fast forward should work.

Don't be alarmed while in play mode that the TAKEUP motor will spin in the OPOSITE direction!  These are 'eddy current' rewind/forward motors that keep even tension on the tape (in either direction) while in PLAY....

Have fun my friend ^_^

Mark, I surely will keep everyone abreast of the Dynaco situation...  Clearly, the problem is with what is DRIVING the right hand '88...  Red plating follows the single SOCKET, not the tubes....  Any '88 I have swapped out will red plate in that socket only..

As soon as I finish my testing tomorrow evening, I will post and hopefully have a solution... :unsure:

.....Gary

• Like 8

Afternoon gang

Enough Napping, Guinness Blond & Smokehouse Almonds.

Trying to think of dinner, Ribs come to mind, yes Ribs.

Few more beers and call-in an order, cannot remember who had the best ones...dam.

EAWs still wired up, time to crank a few tunes.

post-57941-0-95100000-1444001863_thumb.j

• Like 6

Trying to think of dinner, Ribs come to mind, yes Ribs. Few more beers and call-in an order,

You had me for a minute. " I was thinking Mark is a cooker too?”  I can’t be the only one here unable to put a meal together.  i will try to make some pasta tonight (at least i bought the fixins, but i do that often and never use them).  Last time i tried, during the water boiling process, flames appeared in places where they aren’t supposed to be.

Maybe I’ll put on my shoes before i start…in case i have to run….sorry Klipsch -- speakers are too heavy; but, i’ll grab a few guitars off the wall on my way out…and my laptop…and then i’ll come back for a few more guitars…and my Vox Amp…then one more trip into the flames for a few more guitars.  

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 6

Coffee cup?  Are we talking 8 oz measuring cup or a typical coffee cup amount?  I drank 6 cups of highlander grogg coffee per the measuring lines on the coffee pot this morning prior to football.  Pretty typical for any morning, so is that too much coffee?  It's really only like 3 coffee mugs.

Cables?  Yep, cleaning up the power cable and remote cable for the new garage sale RTR, as well as the deck itself.

Cocktails and National Vodka Day?  Yep, got that covered too.  A couple vodka tonics, and now vodka and cranberry.

Tacos?  Not today...looks like leftover homemade pizza.

Ribs?  Maybe time to smoke a few racks next weekend.   :P

Broncos beat the Vikings...thanks, the Bears need all the help they can get.  Did you see the Raiders/Bears game?  Was that the 11 Stooges on the last kickoff?  I swore I was done watching the Bears this season if they lost...I must like torture.   :wacko:

• Like 6

Trying to think of dinner, Ribs come to mind, yes Ribs. Few more beers and call-in an order,

You had me for a minute. " I was thinking Mark is a cooker too?”  I can’t be the only one here unable to put a meal together.  i will try to make some pasta tonight (at least i bought the fixins, but i do that often and never use them).  Last time i tried, during the water boiling process, flames appeared in places where they aren’t supposed to be.

Maybe I’ll put on my shoes before i start…in case i have to run….sorry Klipsch -- speakers are too heavy; but, i’ll grab a few guitars off the wall on my way out…and my laptop…and then i’ll come back for a few more guitars…and my Vox Amp…then one more trip into the flames for a few more guitars.  

Naw man, i know the best places within 200 miles, remembering where and what is my problem, the bigger problem now is the wife just came home, i told her we are ordering out, just as soon as i remember what Rib joint SHE will buy from.....yes she is buyin, that will teach her to come home and wave 5Bones in my face, she won this time around.

I see a bottle of GOOD scotch coming for monday.

• Like 7

I see what the wife is up to, she just gave me her internet order(s).

Everything from Berti nuts to Mo moonshine and Katsup/BM mix from Mo also.

Told her id order Monday, she says just fine as she will have more for the order(s).

I better get some of that Cosco GreyGoose this week :emotion-21: 

• Like 7

Evening All, Boys getting ready for bed (school in the am)..............It will be alone  time soon think its time to warm up the Kenzie  :)

Heard about some new Schiit out today, They have upgraded the Bifrost DAC and even lowered the price on 1 version which is supposed to be better than the uber version..................Had a spirited discussion over on Head-Fi, Schiit Has a cult following and 1 poor word draws the flames,  Playing devils advocate can be fun  :emotion-14:

• Like 6

Good evening everyone.  Mark and Joe, funny and clever words from you both this evening which brought a smile to my face :D ... 

Of course,  during my re-arranging of stuff in Music Hall today, I started sucking down some VINO in the afternoon hour, which carried over to dinner making glass of VINO, which carried over to opening a BOTTLE for dinner and just poured the LAST glass of VINO from that to enjoy here now..........talk about BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZED :lol: !!!!

Off to watch the brand new series starter with NBC's online, 'Black List'..............here I go .................! :o

• Like 7

Evening gang

Sittin here watchin Madam Sec, it's good for those that follow it.

Do not watch much TV, select items as the weather, really hate the news, because it just seems to be getting worse by the day.

Cant wait to find my "New" scotch in the morning, wife does not know it (or likely care) but im upgrading to something to better than a buck and a half, hate judging scotch by the cost but that does seem to be the way in the USA......

• Like 5