Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Thank you, we will, were going to refinish some oak floors, 4 rooms. Sand and coat with satin or something similar. So except for working with a friend which is nice it will be work, probably see bonehead also it's been a while. I will try to get a picture of the floors when done, should look good.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dtel said:

Large systems like that are amazing, and amazingly expensive. Sounds like state of the art,

we were having a ball doing the work  , we loved every minute , plus it allows us to duplicate /adapt the setup with other clients   -

5 hours ago, Pete H said:

You can also look at SIPs panels.  Simple, quick, extremely strong and it's your insulation and sheeting all in one. 

Very interesting product , any brand in particular ? ---

we see these a lot in cold stores  ,  more so  , up in Canada  --

14 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Very interesting product , any brand in particular ? ---

we see these a lot in cold stores  ,  more so  , up in Canada  --

There are a lot of manufacturers and typically, it's about which company is closer and offers the specific panels that you're looking for.  ACME is out of Virginia and you can get there panels with MgO installed, which has some specific applications, but all of the SIPs are pretty much the same.  20 years ago, I convinced a modular manufacturer to build some homes using the panels and as most other things go, the average consumer won't spend the additional funds upfront, to save over the long run, or pay for the structural advantages.  They are used a lot in Post Frame construction, and as soon as I settle in on a property, my construction building will be built using all SIPs.  

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

as soon as I settle in on a property, my construction building will be built using all SIPs.  

SIP's   trickled over from the Precast  industry  ,  with wood , it's light  /strong  -

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

SIP's   trickled over from the Precast  industry  ,  with wood , it's light  /strong  -

I probably average about 20-30 precast foundations a year.  It's the only thing I'll even quote.  I've been using them for over 30 years. 

• Tarheel changed the title to Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails
8 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Looks like AZ has decided it is OK to enjoy marijuana.

Recreational use proposition passed

Youngest sent me a txt message last night and informed me.  Hahaha  She doesn't drink OR smoke pot.  Told her I was packing today and would be there by Saturday.  I got a "hehehehe" back.  One way to get out of Sherwood Forest.  These leaves falling from the neighbors trees is killin me.

Happy Anniversary to you BOTH!

Gonna leave this right here for @dtelsince he's leaving for the weekend!

Image may contain: text that says '[GOD CREATING DUCKS] Waterproof that chicken and give it a kazoo.'

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3