Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Glad to be back home, got back in time last night to watch Tom Brady get his butt kicked. :emotion-21:

We got the sanding done on 4 rooms, Oak hardwood. Going back before the end of the year to apply the finish, we ran out of time with 3 days of sanding, 1250 sf was sanded.    

• Like 7

10 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Women like that must think us guys are a bunch of morons.  You can imagine one of these women explaining to a newcomer how it works.

"It's simple.  Just flash 'em a bit of cleavage and they go stupid.  Seriously!  And if you can ride a bike?  'Watch me get on and rev the engine!  And I'm a girl!  Amazing, right?'  And if you can do stunts on your bike, well, they lose it!  They'd be happy to be your slaves.  'Could you please paint my house, you big, strong, handsome man?'  'You have a house?  Wow!  Of course I'll paint it!  Would you like me to clean out your roof gutters, too?'  

Like that, you know.  And the makeup.  Always the big eyes.  Your makeup case is your money case.  Pay attention!  This is how us pretty girls succeed in the world."

38 minutes ago, Islander said:

Women like that must think us guys are a bunch of morons.  You can imagine one of these women explaining to a newcomer how it works.

"It's simple.  Just flash 'em a bit of cleavage and they go stupid.  Seriously!  And if you can ride a bike?  'Watch me get on and rev the engine!  And I'm a girl!  Amazing, right?'  And if you can do stunts on your bike, well, they lose it!  They'd be happy to be your slaves.  'Could you please paint my house, you big, strong, handsome man?'  'You have a house?  Wow!  Of course I'll paint it!  Would you like me to clean out your roof gutters, too?'  

Like that, you know.  And the makeup.  Always the big eyes.  Your makeup case is your money case.  Pay attention!  This is how us pretty girls succeed in the world."

That's not really how you see it is it?

12 hours ago, babadono said:

Morning all,

Lost power twice over the weekend. 3 hours Friday night, one hour Sunday morning. A little rain brings out the failing infrastructure here in Cali.

Better half and I took a walk Saturday we thought between rain showers...got our butts hailed on..small sweet pea sized thank goodness.

Well back at it.....

I'm sure you could use the rain. 

I'll beat Diz to it and correct your spelling....."fourth".   Yes Tarheel added another "C" even though he has never ridden a motorcycle.  This was required due to slumping ratings for the thread.  I may have to add pole dancing if things don't pick up😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I'll beat Diz to it and correct your spelling....."fourth".   Yes Tarheel added another "C" even though he has never ridden a motorcycle.  This was required due to slumping ratings for the thread.  I may have to add pole dancing if things don't pick up😉

Spelling in American English is a tricky business.  It must drive ESL students batty.  Yes, “fourth,” as in what follows third, is spelled with a “U.”  However, “forty”is spelled without a “U,” while “fourteen” is spelled with a “U.”  It makes no sense.

The correct spelling of “forty” is forever burned into my memory after learning that I had been misspelling $142 on the checks for the payments on my Olds For-For-Too four years. 😏

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1