Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

had this photo on my phone.  I took it pre-pandemic when I was visiting my cousin, it is a poster that she has hanging in one of the rooms of her house. Her folks took me in when I was kid after my Mom was killed and my Dad passed away.  She was a hippie from the Oakland/San Francisco Bay Area back in the Summer of Love days. I was only eight years old at the time; but she had a boyfriend that bought me a Monkees album. Hippies were cool in many ways. Peace all. 

IMG_0687.jpeg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

watching the movie, Up In Smoke ... does this bring back memories for any of you?  I feel like they filmed me and my friends without us knowing it. had to laugh when the Stacy beach, the cop, busts up a party. he sees a plate of spilt Ajax cleaner and thinks it's coke.  He says, "This is high grade stuff. it must be Peruvian flake."

Yea that show is still hilarious. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Shiva said:

So, who wants to hit the bar at the only ice hotel in North America, up in Quebec. I would love to spend a night there for fun. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/escape/article-9211003/The-2021-version-Canadian-ice-hotel-Quebec-features-15-themed-suites-large-slide.html

38734738-9211003-image-a-111_1612200003479.jpg

Shrinkage anyone — 🥶

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

HaHaHa Shiva... you don't really need to ask me that question, do you?...

Up in Smoke is a complete crack up

"Hey Double Bubble"

I love the tree trunks Tommy Chong uses for drumsticks..

Wife changed my mind about going to Tucson. She decided she needed the car. 

And I was looking forward to this Dr appt....really    

I can do it over the phone, but not near as much fun. I like her. We're more friends than Dr/patient.

Plan B is for me to go to the lake after I talk to Heather. Sposed to be nice... near 80` They say "breezy"... was thinking about taking the boat....but, no like fishing from a boat in the wind.... unless I can tie up to a tree or reeds.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Shiva said:

So, who wants to hit the bar at the only ice hotel in North America, up in Quebec. I would love to spend a night there for fun. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/escape/article-9211003/The-2021-version-Canadian-ice-hotel-Quebec-features-15-themed-suites-large-slide.html

been to the  Ice Hotel  , several times over the last 10 years - different,  it's a party igloo- the Ice Hotel  celebrates the  Carnaval season each year which is the coming of winter  , it is a very big Party in the Old Quebec City that lasts 1 month for the locals and 10 days for the tourists -

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

been to the  Ice Hotel  , several times over the last 10 years - different,  it's a party igloo- the Ice Hotel  celebrates the  Carnaval season each year which is the coming of winter  , it is a very big Party in the Old Quebec City that lasts 1 month for the locals and 10 days for the tourists -

That's cool.  So, you stayed overnight? How was that?  

On 2/2/2021 at 1:50 PM, BigStewMan said:

I'm about ready for a full-time stick.  The arthritis in my hip is getting pretty bad.  10 years ago, it was moderate according to the surgeon I consulted with. He said he'd do a hip replacement when I told him that the pain was enough to take the fun out of life. 

I have four herniated disks and arthritis in my neck and hip -- so the pain is a daily thing.  I like to say on the particularly painful days (like today) that I'm earning my disability. 

Have you tried glucosamine?  It’s not a pain med, it’s a supplement similar to what your body produces, and it could be considered joint maintenance/repair.  It doesn’t work for everybody, and may take a week or two to start working, but it can really help with arthritis.

I started taking it for neck pain about thirty years ago, and while I now have actual arthritis, it doesn’t cause me any pain.  YMMV, but it could be worth a try.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shiva said:

That's cool.  So, you stayed overnight? How was that?  

Great   ,  we go to  a good restaurant  in the Vieux Quebec    , then  AHL Hockey  , then back to  the Ice Hotel ,  and with covers and a fire , it's a  special occasion  -

-- the ice hotel  remains at  23 F  , while it's  -30 or minus 35 Celcius outside , and very windy -

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandyH000 said:

Great   ,  we go to  a good restaurant  in the Vieux Quebec    , then  AHL Hockey  , then back to  the Ice Hotel ,  and with covers and a fire , it's a  special occasion  -

-- the ice hotel  remains at  23 F  , while it's  -30 or minus 35 Celcius outside , and very windy -

Too friggin cold.

1 hour ago, Islander said:

Have you tried glucosamine?  It’s not a pain med, it’s a supplement similar to what your body produces, and it could be considered joint maintenance/repair.  It doesn’t work for everybody, and may take a week or two to start working, but it can really help with arthritis.

I started taking it for neck pain about thirty years ago, and while I now have actual arthritis, it doesn’t cause me any pain.  YMMV, but it could be worth a try.

look into  Colchicine  , it was touted for arthritis as well

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

no I haven't.  I will ask my doctor about it. thanks for the tip. 

I use the Glucosamine/Chondroitin 500/400 mg. combo.  It’s around $25 for a bottle of capsules, but while a bottle at the drugstore may contain 180 capsules, one at Costco may contain 300 capsules.  I take it twice a day, with breakfast and at bedtime, which are the same times I take my meds.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

That’s amazing!  Thanks for the link.  The last time I saw it, the building was an ice castle, not a hotel, and it was in D’Youville Square, just outside the walls.  Are there still two Carnaval Parades, the one in Basse-Ville (Lowertown) and the other in Haute-Ville (Uppertown)?  I used to go to the one in Haute-Ville, because it was closer to my school, so it was the part of town I was most familiar with.  Many of us high school kids, French and English, would have our hollow plastic Carnaval canes at the parade, filled with booze.  It was an annual tradition.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Thanks for sharing that.  I know I've heard  the temperature within before but have forgotten.  23 degrees!   Definitely,  a cool adventure.  

• Like 1