Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

you know that since today I go back to work. I start at 7 am and finish at 5 pm , I must confess that it is quite exhausting to work all day . I have to get used to the new job first

Pylon1.thumb.jpg.6f0dfbfea0ab33a86a4b64365d7432db.jpg

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

did it make a come back?

I remember watching it on tv

It isn't like it was done in the past. Still can be tough. One of the ladies here has broken both legs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

Screenshot_20230502_163357_Chrome.jpg

Many moons ago, when I was traveling to Canada to visit my girlfriend(now estranged wife), I had some chocolate bars that were similarly labeled.

The woman at the customs gate started giving me a hard time about not declaring all of my medicine for my carry on bag.

Josh: “Oh no, I’m sure I wrote it down on my declaration slip. See, it says right there that I have a bottle of ibuprofen.”

Customs Female: “ I’m talking about these boxes(points to chocolate)of medicine.”

Josh: “Oh, that’s just chocolate and I listed it in the section for food. See, three chocolate bars.”

CF: “It says for medicinal use!”

Josh: “It’s just a joke, it even says so on the wrapper.”

CF: “Hrmmmmph, I didn’t realize they made this sort of thing in the U S A.”

Josh: “And I didn’t realize that Canadians didn’t have a since of humor either, yet here we are.”

• Haha 3

One of the kiddos has a birthday today and he requested a frozen lasagna for dinner.

I can’t eat dairy so I figured I’d make something else for me.

Taco smashburgers.

IMG_0092.thumb.jpeg.54055dc639002cf3b6b80ce7999ce1be.jpeg

IMG_0093.thumb.jpeg.5c6bb71ad16dd87a2cc015790409b4c1.jpeg

So far nobody has touched the lasagna.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Might have survived another one.  Temps are going up and I'm ready.  Sunny and thinking about mowing the yard.  Has to be wet yet from the past few rainy days but maybe, just maybe, I can knock it out later.   60 @ 5PM "they" say.   :)  Until then?  Imma spinnin, thunkin and drinkin coffee.  Is there any other way?

• Like 2

It's warm in the sun.... do you have any?

Things are normal chaos with me in the eye of the hurricane.

I'm just "going with the flow"... don't have much choice... so why fight it.

Car had a flat, when I was about to fetch the wife.... of course, I had just showered. Got to be clean for about 10 minutes.

getting the wheel cover off was an adventure. I think I made some new swear words. It's made of a pliable plastic. Doesn't pop off by prying the edge. Took a while for the futility of that to set in... I see a notch in the cover and try going after that. I pried it up enough to get hold and got it off. After the fight, I got to looking at the cover. That notch allows you to get hold of a hard wire circle lock that pulls the keepers in. Easy ... when you know how.

• Like 3

On 5/2/2023 at 4:50 PM, Invidiosulus said:

Taco smashburgers.

some of the home made tacos I have seen, were  made by smearing hamburger on one half of a corn tortilla... tortillas folded with the hamburger holding the tortilla in a fold... fried until the burger was cooked. Then you added the salad and salsa

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Finally nice enough to break out the ol’ Lefty.

IMG_0484.jpeg

Does that actually work?  So everything's stiff enough, even on rough terrain?  Are the handlebars offset to match the top steering clamp's offset?  I don't know the cycle term for the top clamp, but on a motorbike it would be a triple clamp, or in this case a double clamp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Islander said:

Does that actually work?  So everything's stiff enough, even on rough terrain?  Are the handlebars offset to match the top steering clamp's offset?  I don't know the cycle term for the top clamp, but on a motorbike it would be a triple clamp, or in this case a double clamp.

This video gives a good explanation of the fork:

It’s stiffer and stronger than any traditional fork.  The steering wheel is centered with the head tube.  The fork sits to the side.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1