Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I'm hearing about more people w/fresh veggie stands going up around here.  Might just have to take a drive and check a couple places out. 

One big farmer always plants a ton of sweet corn up near the house for friends and family.  Gonna have to keep an eye on him this year for sure.

We've got one place that sells locally grown produce in a market setting.  They're pricey though since their son does most of the planting on location.  What's not ready they ship in I'm sure but they've got the goods.  

@Tarheel wings are over-rated!  lol

Mowed this morning thinking I might miss some of the  smoke-filled Canadian air swinging down BUT I left the garage open and had opened the french doors.  Yea, it's bad cause they're closed now.  First time it's hit me but they're not kidding about the air quality index.  Nasty.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tarheel said:

A little trip to the country to find fresh veggies and then back to town for 25 cent wings at Pies On.  LF will have pizza I'm fairly sure.

That´s it @Tarheel ? Nothing else happed w/in the last couple of month 😂

• Like 2

Five feet of new  LPs @Dave1291 ? Dang that's a third of my newly (since I saw them last) expanded collection!

Still kind of hot down here but low humidity high 50s%. What Willie gets way out west & he calls low humidity I doubt I've experienced a dozen times in my life over on this side!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

I'm hearing about more people w/fresh veggie stands going up around here.  Might just have to take a drive and check a couple places out. 

One big farmer always plants a ton of sweet corn up near the house for friends and family.  Gonna have to keep an eye on him this year for sure.

We've got one place that sells locally grown produce in a market setting.  They're pricey though since their son does most of the planting on location.  What's not ready they ship in I'm sure but they've got the goods.  

@Tarheel wings are over-rated!  lol

Mowed this morning thinking I might miss some of the  smoke-filled Canadian air swinging down BUT I left the garage open and had opened the french doors.  Yea, it's bad cause they're closed now.  First time it's hit me but they're not kidding about the air quality index.  Nasty.  

I have Corn across the street

I help myself

• Like 3

our humidity is on the rise... dew point is up to 40`. R/H is still 10 or 11%. It cooled down... marginally. Still warm. It made 100` here. Tucson is somewhat warmer....105` right now.

Just been hiding indoors. I'll go out when the sun gets lower. Temp doesn't drop immediately... but, none of that "in the sun" heat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Best grilled in coals from a campfire. ,🙂

roasted is the only way to prepare sweet corn.

easier and better tasting. concentrates the sugar/s.

I feel the inclination to comment on a fire burning  near here [100 miles away]

... The Western Hemp Fire. 

I'll just let y'all "rip" on this one LOL

• Haha 2

Steam Train GIF - Steam Train Smoke GIFs

Whatchu Talkin About Willis Arnold Jackson GIF - Whatchu Talkin About Willis Arnold Jackson Diffrent Strokes GIFs

Nasty here in Duckburg.  Slipped downtown yesterday and you could see the smoke hangin on the highway big time not to mention after mowing early I was hackin my brains out.  The Allman Brothers?  😂  Revert to Sgt Schultz meme and double it!  WILD!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1