Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I had big plans for this afternoon.

HA.

After I made a quart of coffee for second coffee today, my phone blew up and I was on it for hours.

So all of my family has not been cruel towards me like the closest two. That portion of it has mostly been very busy for the past few years. So had a nice couple of conversations. Still zooming off of that coffee. Started caulking some cracks and lines that need straightening out. Well I can turn some lights on and go ahead and get that done tonight...

• Like 3

14 hours left and than the year is gone here . I´m glad , done the right decisions even if they were difficult. My life is better now even if i can't look through rose-colored glasses, it's not always rosy either.

There are many mental "up & down" moods of the day that affect me. The correspondence between the lawyers is exhausting and nerve-wracking. It's upsetting that my ex not only washes dirty laundry but also lies to get more money. The worst realization, however, is that I have to admit that after 22 years this woman has become a complete stranger to me, as if I had never known her. It's good that my children don't hear any of this, I don't talk to them about all these things but keep them out of it. Well, you never stop learning in life.

I wish you all the very best for 2024

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

14 hours left and than the year is gone here . I´m glad , done the right decisions even if they were difficult. My life is better now even if i can't look through rose-colored glasses, it's not always rosy either.

There are many mental "up & down" moods of the day that affect me. The correspondence between the lawyers is exhausting and nerve-wracking. It's upsetting that my ex not only washes dirty laundry but also lies to get more money. The worst realization, however, is that I have to admit that after 22 years this woman has become a complete stranger to me, as if I had never known her. It's good that my children don't hear any of this, I don't talk to them about all these things but keep them out of it. Well, you never stop learning in life.

I wish you all the very best for 2024

Best wishes for the new year! 

Here, I'm about to start cooking for tonight. But first things first, which is to decide what music to play while cooking. It's going to be Katie Melua's Best Of. 

• Like 5

Good New Years Eve day everyone.  Starting the day with my usual cup of French Roast from Costco, this has been my go to for some time. Music for now is Post Malone,  may switch to Ella Fitzgerald later.

Since Christmas, my go to for cocktails has been Vodka Cranberry,  I prefer either Absolute or Titos.  Since the Vikings are playing later this evening, I'm thinking finger foods such as hot wings are in order for dinner.  Speaking of Christmas and cocktails, I made a sugar cookie martini on Christmas that was a big hit, the link was a video from Facebook, so incase you don't have Facebook, a picture with ingredients are attached. 

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/wXPw38SRSgJxThCT/?mibextid=hLiTNg

I recently purchased a Honda Accord,  so my next project is installing an aftermarket DSP and power amp. Thus will require some custom cables, for this project I will be using Belden 1694a rg6 and F-conn compression RCAs.  I like the F-Conn brand as they allow the stinger to be installed prior to inserting the cable into the connector. 

Screenshot_20231231_105916_Facebook.jpg

• Like 4

Followed up with the plans today, took a break because my new neighbor friend made me some fantastic ham and beans. I had to eat part of it one day and part of it another. So I got the stuff I needed last night and made some cornbread to go with their Sunday dinner today. Kept two pieces for myself and there's enough buttermilk to make another batch. Maybe tomorrow.

So I'm kicked back. Enjoying lunch on a drop cloth hahaha only a painter could find that funny

PXL-20231231-194759768.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@JohnJ seems to be a a kind new neighbor , got problems with mine in the new apartment , they complain the bass vibrations from my RF7 Evo´s in their apartments 🤣 , so I´m limited w/the the volume , 65 dBA is possible not more , that´s the red line for them. Think it´s time to look for another new place to live....Can´t accept that here . Need a bigger listening room and an apartment on the groundfloor with less neighbors in the house . The other problem is ...these neighbors are too old for me , above 70 years and older ....this house is a living graveyard 😂, I´m too young to die here 😅

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I am overwhelmed, where I live now the house is on a hill, from my living room I have a view of about 5 miles into the depth. So I was able to see the New Year's Eve fireworks from hundreds of thousands of people, it was a sea of lights, incredibly moving and beautiful to watch. Pitty that I didn´t took pics , there wasn´t any time for that . I had to watch .

• Like 4

Ok, it's official.  My sleep schedule is toast.  5:15 then 4:15AM I'm crashin?   Up at 2PM yesterday and noon today?  Sucks to be me.

Was going out tonight to make a guest appearance but decided to stay home.  The wimmen can slobber all over someone else tonight.  Covid's flaring up again along with  mucuspalooza.  Who knows what's out there and I don't want it!  Now I'm trying to decide what I'm going to wear to the living room to spin and watch all the Dick Clark wannabes.  😂

Slipped downtown to fuel up and the State Troopers are out in full force.  Saw 3 stopped cars here in town.  The local guys were just crusin as usual.  That pretty much iced the cake for me but I drink diet when I'm out anymore.  Just don't wanna deal with morons.

Ohio passed the recreational pot law this fall and right now the State is weaseling around on HOW they're gonna do it cause they don't want it.  Ppl are burnin right in front of the cops in most places and it's legal.  As soon as they crawl behind the wheel it's a different story.  They nail 'em.  Never saw so many morons in my life hence the field day for law enforcement.  Funny watching it all unfold til it's finally signed, sealed and delivered.

Just another slice of life from Duckburg.  💪😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Ohio

Heading to Ohio in May for Sonic Temple Music fest with the family. 

Just finished some finger foods, continuing with the Cranberry and Vodka, lite up an Oliva 135. Watching the Vikings get it handed to them while waiting for the count down. Happy New Year everyone!

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Happy New Years gents

Happy New Years to you as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Just finished some finger foods, continuing with the Cranberry and Vodka, lite up an Oliva 135. Watching the Vikings get it handed to them while waiting for the count down. Happy New Year everyone!

Happy New Years to you as well.

Vodka and cranberry???

Would have figured only White Russians. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, MicroMara said:

The other problem is ...these neighbors are too old for me , above 70 years and older ....this house is a living graveyard 😂, I´m too young to die here

If I lived next door we would be fine and I'm 74. 🤣

• Like 3

On 12/31/2023 at 9:58 PM, The Dude said:

The old Crew stadium is a nice place.  Plenty of parking.  I'm an hour north w/4 lanes all the way to Cbus and my doors are open if you like.  Save the hotel money cause that's an insane waste with lodging and food costs today.  Load em up and bring your A game.  lol

• Like 3