Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Kayaking? Have you ever gone when it hasn't rained in a while and the river isn't quite flowing enough to float your boat so to speak? Found myself dragging the kayak in about 2" of water for a few miles. That trip got me over kayaking.

So here's to you having deep water. :emotion-21:

Downed 2 cups and am paying bills :angry:

On my second, and should be paying bills. Wait I paid those yesterday whew. But I am sure there are some that could be paid, screw it they will be there tomorrow.

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 1

On my second, and should be paying bills. Wait I paid those yesterday whew. But I am sure there are some that could be paid, screw it they will be there tomorrow.

Credit card, homeowners and windstorm. My wallet hurts.

• Like 1

Credit card, homeowners and windstorm. My wallet hurts.

I hear Ya there.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Kayaking? Have you ever gone when it hasn't rained in a while and the river isn't quite flowing enough to float your boat so to speak? Found myself dragging the kayak in about 2" of water for a few miles. That trip got me over kayaking.

So here's to you having deep water. :emotion-21:

Never with it that low, the water was pretty good today, not great but ok, they have a gov website for this river to check water level.

Some guy had a radio strapped to the back of his kayak connected to his phone, so we kind of hung by his group, off and on. :smile:

post-9700-0-52900000-1408243720_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-40660000-1408243777_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• Moderators

Wherever there were some little drop-offs people were hanging out, when someone flipped they would jump in to help. I think because there were a bunch of little kids with some groups ?

One helped me on a longer drop off when the front of my boat hit some rocks and I got sideways and flipped, he helped get the cooler back on the boat, it really helped neither of us could touch bottom.

One pic is a little drop off, the other is a group of canoes passing with little kids as we parked in the shade.

post-9700-0-86340000-1408244681_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-68260000-1408244716_thumb.jp

• Like 2

• Moderators
We has some excitement nearby yesterday. This thing caught on fire (I-65) just outside of town.

Wow that scary, extremely good news that the container was not full of something explosive. Hope everyone was OK

• Moderators

Well there are only 2 ducks left now :blush2:

Don't know if it died from a stray bb or eating way to many peppers ? Since there was no blood it may have been the peppers, granddaughter thinks it was a heart attack but I doubt that. The last two have not come back on the porch, yet.

• Like 3