Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
14 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Hey WillyBob!     You knew exactly what I was thinking and implying! Coffee does sharpen the senses for me too a little!

Sharpen senses, before coffee I can barely find the bathroom and then the coffee pot, or just don't care past those two. 

12 hours ago, Dave1290 said:
15 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Hitting my stride about that time

You seriously have a stride?

That's funny 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I have started pouring the coffee from the carafe from a height of 12-18 inches.  I have a theory that it aerates the coffee and adds a little head to the finished pour.  May not do a thing but it's kinda fun anyway.  Yes I'm easily entertained.

You just like watching the bubbles.

But it's all good depending on how the LF looks at you when you do that, if she is impressed fine have fun, or if she has that look like you have lost your mind then decide how to answer. A good BS story of how it's a good thing and a old tradition somewhere may help, then judge the look after that story, and proceed ? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Great news is that our power company says our power back on time is 2:40 pm. We;ll see how close they get.

Gotta love playing beat the clock w/the power company!  It's even more fun when you're playing the game w/your isp.  lol

@dtel  1PM and you're just clockin in here?  Sad!  hahahahahahaha  j/k of course!  We know you've been hard at it for hours though!  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

All you can do is watch and smirk.  Wife says go play some tunes in the shed?  Don't even question it.  Just go crank it.  Worry about it when she says it's too loud.

but the good stuff is in the house. 

She might tolerate loud... like it, probably not. In the 12 years we have been married, only once did she want for music. Then she wanted concert level Hair music...

Otherwise, it is early Beatles.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Gotta love playing beat the clock w/the power company!  It's even more fun when you're playing the game w/your isp.  lol

@dtel  1PM and you're just clockin in here?  Sad!  hahahahahahaha  j/k of course!  We know you've been hard at it for hours though!  :)

Yes, waking up late, and then coffee, now my brain is at 50% which is very close to peak at my don't give a crap retired style. Plus I read a bunch of news first, just to reinforce the I really don't care anymore attitude.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Yes, waking up late, and then coffee, now my brain is at 50% which is very close to peak at my don't give a crap retired style. Plus I read a bunch of news first, just to reinforce the I really don't care anymore attitude.

These guys think Covid is bad!  Wait til they get what we've got!  😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dave1290 said:
7 hours ago, dtel said:

Applause from 97% of an audio forum 😜

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:
8 hours ago, Dave1290 said:
10 hours ago, dtel said:

Applause from 97% of an audio forum 😜

And there is no cure except for going deaf.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

... and you will still have those damned ear worms looping in your head.... but the sound system is perfect... everything you imagined. 

how's things today?

folks getting back on line after the tornado/s?

Can't say I miss those black walls of death storms.. We do get tornados... rarely... Wuss little things.

back to the doghouse. Really enjoyed listening to the LS, even if I was doing housework. Wife is home today.

Think we are gonna have the kid. Boy needs to go to the ranch.. I dunno. We are the last ones to know when she will be here.

Boy must be getting bored. He is talking about planting a garden --- chiles in particular.  Told him it is too late to start from seed. He should have started them in late Feb.... I would guess there is some soil in his "yard". The weeds do very well there. Told him to plant is those places. One way to get the weeds cut. He needs to go to wally for a tire. If he is lucky, might be able to get a couple ponies of Anaheims and jalapenos while he is there. If we look, I bet we can source some locally. We have a community garden...

If he follows through... this will be his first attempt at a garden.  It will prolly go great guns... beginners' luck

Crap... I brought this coffee cup with a hole in it. 

• Haha 2

On the second cup.  LF want's me to fix western nest eggs for breakfast.  That's what my mother called them.......buttered bread with a hole in the middle (I use a metal shot glass to make the hole) that you fry an egg in.  I'll be using rosemary and olive oil bread from the deli.

It's rare that LF eats anything other than fruit or veggies for breakfast so........

Windy, cloudy, and cooler here so may fire up the new toy (Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP) and spin an LP that Bluesboy sent me.  Gypsy by Eilen Jewell.  I sent him a Keb Mo and a Mandolin Orange package.

That's about it.......on to the kitchen.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Couple days late for the anniversary but cool to relive 

Was there for Skylab II and some of the pre & post Columbia Shuttle launches right up there next to the digital clock on the grass. Those were the closest I could get with my connections. The sonic booms when they came back was pretty neat also but they were quick. Liftoff rattles your bones for a couple of minutes!!

Like to know if the MWM's could reproduce the feeling of that even twenty miles away! I'll give it a try on the tv rig today!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Marvel said:

Great news is that our power company says our power back on time is 2:40 pm. We;ll see how close they get.

About 4:00 pm the notice had moved the restoration time to 5:30. Wife and I arrived home then and the power was still off, but at 5:35 it came back. Whoooohooo! But our internet was (and is stii) down. Plus, no cell service at our house. Had a 5G symbol on my phone, but nothing working. We don't have 5G capable phones and I've not seen that on my phone before. Sigh....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Marvel said:

About 4:00 pm the notice had moved the restoration time to 5:30. Wife and I arrived home then and the power was still off, but at 5:35 it came back. Whoooohooo! But our internet was (and is stii) down. Plus, no cell service at our house. Had a 5G symbol on my phone, but nothing working. We don't have 5G capable phones and I've not seen that on my phone before. Sigh....

Hey Bruce.....was the food in the freezer still frozen?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dtel said:

Must of not had any donuts..M

with your coffee

IMG_20200415_093752_hdr.jpg

• Like 3