Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:
7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Nice work if you can get it...

rumor has it that you’re in contention to be the next colonel sanders. yeah buddy!

Yea but just because you can defrost shrimp does't mean you can defrost chicken. 

Different skill level

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Shit , we got bird flu too ?

Time to break out my knee-high rubber pressure washing boots, sh#$'s fixin to get deep bro!

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2020-04-10/industry-scrambles-to-stop-fatal-bird-flu-in-south-carolina

*Bad scene with all the twisters yesterday through last night, hope y'all are all unscathed.

Thunder shook me out of bed at five this morn, and I haven't heard the wind roar like that with the hundreds of trees missing around this block in a long while.

Just to be safe I made 42 oz instead of the usual 28.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 4

that's what i like about here.  Our bad weather is pretty mild compared to tornadoes, hurricanes and blizzards. That storm front y'all experienced, showed here as a 20` drop in temp and 0.25in of rain.....

Everyone OK after the storms?

Wife spent yesterday in the kitchen. Made Devilled Eggs, apple pie and corned beef/cabbage and potatoes.

With the new normality, looks like I'm needing to build a dedicated stereo room... not attached to the house. I can put a 12 X 10 w/o permits.... Too small for LaScalas?  They will fit OK. Can be "corner loaded", too. .... or.... I can occupy one of our larger sheds. Will still need to build a storage for crap that will come from it. This might sound short-sighted... not really. Wife will be retiring soon. I will need a place to be noisy.

My summer garden is coming up. Have more planting to do... but things are coming up. We have a narrow window to plant if some shelter isn't provided. Not from cold... the sun. Wife was talking about putting up a greenhouse at the school. Told her that that is a waste of time. A lattice house is far more useful. It will moderate the temps. Greenhouse is a solar oven.

• Like 3

Well grasshopper you're not going to starve.  All sounds tasty!  Tried growing tomatoes in containers on the patio a couple of years but the squirrels would pull them off, take a bite, and leave them on the ground.  Now I just buy them at farmers markets.

Storm just got here.....turned dark and the wind is howling.  It should be gone by early afternoon.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Storm just got here.....turned dark and the wind is howling.  It should be gone by early afternoon.

It'll be over before that, it lasted about an hour here, I'd swear we got an inch of rain in ten min flat. It was a loud hour. Cleaned pieces of leaves off the windows like after Hugo but to a lesser extent already. Filled the trash dumpster with limbs too... they aren't doing yard waste pickup because of the plague but still get the trash & recycle bins.

We're supposed to hit 80 today!! Probably be even more warm at the coast where you are.

• Like 3

On the 2nd mugga and smirkin.  Buddies kid started texting me last night about buying some gear.  Started the convo telling me that he now had a better turntable than my Linn.  Seriously?  NOT really a good convo starter imo.  lol  Going to use that stimulus money to buy a system and wanted a couple things I have sitting here.  He's heard my system but being the typical know-it-all kid is totally clueless.  I'm not into his "click bate" crap about what I told him before on the prices.  Like I don't know what I told him two months ago?  Checked the phone and yup there was another msg this morning about how I sounded "pretty desperate" to sell.  Seriously?  I've kinda been saving the stuff for him but...  Guess it's time to teach.  I replied "Check out the items on fb marketplace, do your research and get back to me if you want anything."  Like I have time or even WANT to post stuff on fb and deal?  Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do though.  Ugh!   😂   😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

It'll be over before that, it lasted about an hour here, I'd swear we got an inch of rain in ten min flat. It was a loud hour. Cleaned pieces of leaves off the windows like after Hugo but to a lesser extent already. Filled the trash dumpster with limbs too... they aren't doing yard waste pickup because of the plague but still get the trash & recycle bins.

We're supposed to hit 80 today!! Probably be even more warm at the coast where you are.

You guys have it made down there. lol  Getting rain and high winds up here tonight and tomorrow.  Even talking about hitting 32 tonight.  60 yesterday, 51 now and highs in the mid to low 40's the rest of the week.  Down in the 20's at night.  Ohio The Heart of it All!  Yuk!  Shhhhh, I have to think more about posting on fb marketplace and need more coffee!   Maybe I could hand it off to my daughter.  She'd be done in 5 minutes!  Moi, not so much!   😂

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Bad scene with all the twisters yesterday through last night, hope y'all are all unscathed.

Our power went off around midnight. Approx. 8 tornados in our area, 60k without power earlier. We are still without power here at noon. Quite a bit of destruction on east side of Chattanooga.

• Sad 4

sorry for ya. No electricity is adding insult to injury in the lock down. Everyone is OK?

we have our windows and doors open already. W/o a fire, the outside temp passes the temp in the house pretty quick. 75` today..

I went back to bed for a few. Surprised the kid wasn't over early. She's conditioned to getting up at 6. Bus comes at 6:30 for school. Have half a feeling she is coming down from a sugar buzz. Might be cranky today.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

You guys have it made down there. lol  Getting rain and high winds up here tonight and tomorrow.  Even talking about hitting 32 tonight.  60 yesterday, 51 now and highs in the mid to low 40's the rest of the week.  Down in the 20's at night.  Ohio The Heart of it All!  Yuk!  Shhhhh, I have to think more about posting on fb marketplace and need more coffee!   Maybe I could hand it off to my daughter.  She'd be done in 5 minutes!  Moi, not so much!   😂

Really? Thought it was corn everywhere :lol: 

Finally got to leave here for something that is special to me. Reason.... the gigantic trees across the connector road from this neighborhood to everywhere else.

Cop trucks were gone from the corner at noon. Weather Channel in the 5:00 hour said there were 70mph winds reported here! They're political it could be fake:lol: Maybe that's why for the second time in my life I cleaned off pieces of leaves plastered to the windows of this house. After HUGO @ 70 to 100mph here for 90 minutes not including the twenty for the eye that passed through (I was fascinated and timed it) those pieces were plastered heavily to everything above ground like when snow sticks to one side of a telephone pole all the way up! 

I drank that whole bigger than normal pot already and made three pit stops already. New grinder eats it up quicker, cause it's actually for expresso but turned almost all the way up it's not much different that what I had the old one set for.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Randyh said:

I love your stove

Why thank you, but to give you notice... notice the markings are missing from the dials? We know how it works.. but others that come over get that perplexed look on their faces when they see that! Every appliance here used to be whirlpool, that's the last one $600 and the grate literally melted when we started using it. The safe for the greenies marking came off with 409 spray. Sorry I can't fry chicken or heat sauce without splattering some. The folks at that number with the manual were rude after they replaced the melted grate once apparently you are just supposed to look at it and not really cook everyday.

whirlpool has been banished from our house ever since!

bang.gif

• Like 2