Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Smithfield, the only company that to me and many others makes edible bacon is closing indefinitely.

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2020-04-12/smithfield-closes-south-dakota-pork-plant-due-to-coronavirus

Go get it now boys!

I'm back already.... got six pounds of Cherrywood thick bacon good `till July to put in the freezer. Even if it lasts longer than that it thaws out quick in the sink and cooked right afterwards it lasts less than 24 hours here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Randyh said:

we need an Ombudsman  to fight whirlpool  -  -but  , the trick is to write a letter or call their customer service  I did send them a letter mentionning the lemon Law , it worked , they sent me a new stove and they told me to keep the old one as it was too expensive to ship back

Dang too late now but we did have one of their suicide ovens a kitchen aids 27" that destroyed itself when the cleaning cycle was run. There was a class action over that one. Using LG now, the fridge is very noisy but great, the dryer sends lint into the exhaust tube that I have to clean out all the time. Washer doesn't use enough water to clean mud out of jeans or anything else.

Heck I'm from a generation that expects the mid-range of whatever was bought to be good and work right for years.

I've succumbed a little but I'll never say uncle.

Klipsch and those delicate Hondas are all that I know now!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Maybe that's why for the second time in my life I cleaned off pieces of leaves plastered to the windows of this house.

We had that after Rita.  I looked like someone hit out house with a huge splatter gun filled with leaves.  We had to use a hose and broom to get them off.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

We had that after Rita.  I looked like someone hit out house with a huge splatter gun filled with leaves.  We had to use a hose and broom to get them off.

should've moved to California ... Earthquakes would knock them off or they'd burn off during fire season. but, I know you love hard work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Smithfield, the only company that to me and many others makes edible bacon is closing indefinitely.

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2020-04-12/smithfield-closes-south-dakota-pork-plant-due-to-coronavirus

Go get it now boys!

I'm back already.... got six pounds of Cherrywood thick bacon good `till July to put in the freezer. Even if it lasts longer than that it thaws out quick in the sink and cooked right afterwards it lasts less than 24 hours here.

Chinese owned for several years. What an odd juxtaposition of where the virus originated and the worldwide business closings where they have vast interests - 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Go get it now boys!

you just put me in panic mode...

Just went through 8 lbs.. Coffee..

Had 1 bag left... So got one more..

And 6lbs of bacon..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, dirtmudd said:

Had 1 bag left... So got one more..

And 6lbs of bacon..

brave man Mike.  I'm outta bourbon and have only one or two beers left and no gummies. I have been taking the self-isolating seriously, so I haven't ventured out for those luxuries. for some reason, my grocery store shows beer "in-store" but if you shop via the delivery or pick-up part of their website, it shows no beer or toilet paper. I asked the delivery person if they are allowed to deliver alcohol and she said Yes.  under the pictures of toilet paper it says "In-Store purchase only."  I don't get that ... we're supposed to stay home, maximize use of home delivery, yet something like toilet paper they're requiring you to go into the store and buy yourself?  

• Like 2

Bacon?  Pfffft, I just called the place where I get my beef done every year.  They're gonna call me for a pickup.  Ordered 20 one-pound pkgs a bit ago.  Done! 

Just got back from running my cleaning lady out to the High School to pick up a few free food boxes from a 4-county food pantry.  She doesn't have much nor does she have a car so that's the good dead for the day.  Couple State Troopers there and City cops to help the traffic flow then about 20 members of the Ohio Nat'l Guard off loading from the semi's into people's trunks.  I even hit them for one for me at the last minute and gave that to her,  Gotta love it when a plan comes together for those truly in need.

All those involved did a great job during a cold blustery day!  Refreshing to see!

• Like 3

Still no power... wind gusts 40+ mph.  We do have a gas stove and I dug the Aladdin lamps out of the closet, put a new mantle on one. One of these had belonged to my grandmother, I'm thinking it is from the '30s. Have an all aluminum one my grandfather got/stole when he worked for the railroad. I used to have the wall mount that had springs on it, as it was used in a rail car.

20200413_154838.jpg

• Like 6

I almost taped the door to the fridge so I wouldn't oen it...

We can do without the tv and music for a while. Phones were charged and we have a good sized battery pack for them.

Still might have to drive around for a couple hours to charge them agin, though.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1