Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Any of you Gents buying take out?  It's sad to see these small places trying everything they can to stay in business and not being very successful.  I passed by a place where I eat breakfast sometimes and they had a table in the parking lot selling meals and trying to keep things from blowing away in the late arriving March winds.  I can't imagine breakfast food would still be warm by the time you get it home.  And the wait staff without tips must be struggling.  Sad........

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Hey Bruce.....was the food in the freezer still frozen?

When the power came on, the freezer temp was 42 degrees. I didn't open the door until it hit the setting of 5 degrees, which only took about 45 minutes. We threw out a couple of things, didn't really have a lot in there as it is a counter depth fridge, so it's not able to hold a lot.

26 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Any of you Gents buying take out?  It's sad to see these small places trying everything they can to stay in business and not being very successful.  I passed by a place where I eat breakfast sometimes and they had a table in the parking lot selling meals and trying to keep things from blowing away in the late arriving March winds.  I can't imagine breakfast food would still be warm by the time you get it home.  And the wait staff without tips must be struggling.  Sad........

We got take out last night... I dearly love Mexican food and we have a couple places here that are owned by Mexican families and been here for generations. So the wife says... let's get some food from Taco Bell.. I was surprised, but it was actually pretty good. A Power Bowl, black beans and rice, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole... We gave them a big tip...

Then over to the Cheesecake Factory for the desserts.... 🤫

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

That's what my mother called them.......buttered bread with a hole in the middle (I use a metal shot glass to make the hole) that you fry an egg in.

my BIL called them Popeye...no idea how they got that name. For sure his mom called them that

I did a 3 egg cheese omelette and a thick slice of toast. Then did the dishes. Wife usually does them before she comes to bed... She woke to a pleasant surprise.

...now I can rest knowing I have done something productive today. Got that out of my way early.

• Like 2

.... I remember it doing that [about this time of year] the last time I tried to live up there. I only get up that way for a visit any more.

Been to MT and ME to meet with friends at this time of year. Predictably, it snowed. Asked if I wanted to go for a walk..."NO !!!"

"I'll keep the fire going for yas"

how times change

A few months ago, if you walked into a bank with a mask and sunglasses, you would draw the ire of any law enforcement w/i 20 miles.

Now, if you aren't dressed it such a manner, you will not be allowed in.

• Haha 2

Up @ 7, looked at the clock twice and just rolled out @ 11?  Here we go!  Hit the 60-inch and the picture is crap but the things prolly 7 years old at least so might have to pull the smaller one outta the bedroom.  Fine last nite when I crashed though.  No biggie since there is nothing happening in the world of sports.  News ya say?  SSDD!  Now maybe I can pull everything out away from the wall and get this room painted. 

Only one hole in the top of my coffee mug too grasshopper  :)

Eating local is fine but have kinda given up.  Around here no one is doing carry out that I see. Don't think I want the screamin squirts after eating something that's been in a cooler for 3 weeks.  lolol  My pizza shop is still open with pick up or delivery so the 17 I have in the freezer are laying there yet.  I'll support my pizza shop any day of the week.  Good stuff and I know the guy well who owns it.  His act is totally together.   Chinese guy closed up til it's over.  Prolly tougher catching those dogs and cats with no one outside their homes unless they go into stealth mode to hunt in.

No cabin fever here yet.  Can ya tell?  

• Haha 3

didn’t get to sleep until about 4am.  this past week, i’ve developed insomnia ... sleeping has never been a problem for me and being able to fall asleep quickly was my go to remedy when i was stressed. not sure what is going on with my body these days. but, i woke up at 9 and forced myself to stay awake, hoping that i’ll be tired tonight. 

not enjoyable are the things that go through one’s mind at 3 am when you’ve been trying to sleep for hours. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

... and then I get on at 5AM ready to rip

and you are thinking "What are you so happy about?"

This lockdown is stressing me, too. No routine....  the wife and boy around all the time is a big adjustment for me.  I'm sure wife is adjusting to being around me all the time, too. 

wish I could go to the lake. Before the "Stay Home", 4 or 5 boats was a lot. Last time I went out there, I counted 15.  ????

• Like 2

Nope, no demo man here.  Sleep?  lol  This garbage has been going on for a year or so with me.  Never really slept much and always pushed on 6 hours or so.  Anymore it's just nutso w/my "body clock."  lol  Put my lil heater away a couple weeks ago.  Back out now!  44 here right now.  Sheesh!

• Like 2

Yea well 30 minutes watching youtube and yea I remember Demo Man now.  27 years ago?  Yea, guess that's when they made real movies eh Pilgrim?   :)

Thanks for that link to refresh my memory Sunburn!  Now I'm sittin here watching all kinds of stuff ahhhhhgain!   lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mornin' All

Ya feeling "stimulated"?  Me, either. Even if I got mine, no place to spend it.

I presume the bank sites crashing because folks are checking is because they [the banks] are still hitting us with overdraft fees? I haven't tried to see if mine is in the account.

What reminded me of Demolition Man is the social distancing... No touching or exchange of bodily fluids. The 3 shells is timely, too.

• Like 3