Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Trees, trees everywhere and I did not feel like walking down to the cove last night.

Wish I had thought of the phone... use the viewer to read fine print ingredients in stuff at the store.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Speaking of cocktails....just had the first slushie while watching golf at Quail Hollow in Charlotte, NC.  LF is in the hot tub.

I think you should bring a slushie to the hot tub.. golf is boring !

• Haha 2

Socked in around here for the most part last nite with rain rolling thru.  Could see some of it here in Sherwood Forest. Might take a road trip out in the country.

Had to roll out at zero dark thirty this mornng to be at some kid's fishing clinic at a local industrial complex where they have a huge pond to fish in.  Neighbor conned me into it since, as the former mayor of Duckburg, he had a vision 30 years ago and started it.  Usually 40-50 youngins there on a nice day.

He has inoperable cancer and is kinda lobbying to get the pond or derby or whatever named after him.  So he pulled out the big gun.  Seriously?  Just what I needed. Rain started right on schedule @ 730.  Two hours standin out there craving more coffee talkin to a cop, state trooper and my neighbor on a mission from God.  Oh yea, MAYBE 15 kids and parents.  FINALLY some 5 year old brought his fish up for show and tell 2 hours later.  Mission accomplished!  There was my milk carton kid for the pic!  Everyone's happy but Jimmy Olsen cause all I got was a few thanks and a cold.  😂

I know.  Adjust your attitude.  Was kinda cool though, New lil Zebco kids poles and all the bait furnished?  Really great for people though IF they like to fish.  Just a typical Ohio spring day.  

I don't want anything named after me when I check out.  Imma gonna hold out for a statue that someone can remove someday.  They'd prolly have me listening to a pair of 901's.  😂

2AM and I want a slushie too!   :)

• Haha 4

On 5/9/2024 at 5:42 PM, Marvel said:

I don't think so... it should loop down under the tensioner. Plus, it's all manual controls.

@Invidiosulus what brand is that?

It’s also an AKAI.

Jeff said it was sold under the Roberts brand name but the plate on the back says AKAI.

It’s got a small amp and speakers with some gills on the side over the built in speakers.

This afternoon we listened to A Question of Balance by The Moody Blues.

it was fine.

• Like 2

One of those akai/Robert's models had tube amplifiers in them that people would take out and use for their regular amps.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

I think it’s an AKAI 1710.

screenshot from a YouTube vid of the guts.IMG_2861.jpeg.d167696e5b258e36c43f648115a207d4.jpeg

The original walkman!    playback power and speakers-   love it. 

• Like 3

On 5/11/2024 at 4:19 PM, dirtmudd said:

I think you should bring a slushie to the hot tub.. golf is boring !

But living less than two miles from there most of my life wasn't. 

The plaids and paisley together on the same drunk yuppie was always a blast!

We'd park at the Quail Corners shopping center and get it all front and center!! Or go into the comedy club, get blasted ourselves... then go for the stroll:wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Authoritai.gif

NO!

Never, Ever heard UFO, Grinderswitch or Jimmy & his T-Birds played over public speakers except over my own Klipsch!

Can't dance without my kind of dancin' music!

& you know I ain't right!!

• Haha 3

Yup, you're right.  Remember I've seen you in action.  "H3ll yea, that's some GREAT Southern Rock&Roll."  It really was though so I'll give ya that one.

The Jerk GIF - The Jerk Steve GIFs

Yea, it was the burbon.  I get that.  😂

• Haha 3

Well the guy I'd been trying to get out here since March called yesterday.

Thought he was the new guy I talked to two days ago about the driveway gravel. Told him I was here and come on over... he put the wrong stuff out but at least it is thin as I've gotten some of it spread better. Think maybe the new fella with the crushed graved that has what looks like sackrete in it can put his over it. 14' x 150' plus 50' at 30' wide takes a good bit to lay 2" thick going uphill.

Rain was sporadic here today back in the 70s tomorrow so maybe I can get more done! 

• Like 4

Ha!  TOTALLY enjoyin mah coffee this morning.  Crashed at 4AM and woke up to some crazy dream at 630 I wont even go into.  lol  So yea, time for some coffee and a moment to reflect on the life values of it.  Me?  Seriously? That much fun coming from a guy who NEVER dreams.  😂

Wondered where the neighbor kid had been.  Guess he went to Disneyworld but he's back in full force.  It's baseball season!  Activate curmudgeon mode.  Mow the yard right in the middle of batting practice.  Yup, I won!  UNTIL I had to get off the mower about 10 times picking up balls and bats they'd left laying all over the place.  They're reproducing.  :)

Wait! I could be onto something.  i  was driving and picked up a  kid hitch hiking here in Duckburg.   Interesting.  He  had a real fire axe.  He started tapping the passenger door w/the fire axe.  I locked the breaks up, grabbed him by the throat and told him to get outta the car before I ripped his throat out.  Yea, that's it.  Self analysis.  I'm all better now.  Back to the coffee.  :)

That @grasshopper is sooooo gonna hear it when he surfaces.

9AM and someone's mowing?  Quit it.

Yea, the feet are up.  :)   Curmudgeon's unite!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Top of da moanin to ya @billybob.  How's life treatin ya down in that panhandle.  Dried out yet?  lol

Yes humidity building. If you mow grass it will grow grass. The movie Vanishing Point picked up 2 hikers. He had to eject them...

Apnea gave me wildish dreams this morning... Tasting good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1