Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Sorry haven't been around lately to comment on anything, visiting with friends/forum members, it was great fun, except the mornings were slow.  :(

It's always good to get together with people here in person, we smoked some food, had some drinks and repeated that for 4 days, it couldn't have been better.  :emotion-19:  :emotion-46:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-46:  :emotion-44:

• Like 5

Mornin all. Looks like we're gonna need a Christmas Toaster song. Maybe Gary can help out. Gary?

The crack weather forecasters here keep whining about probably not having a white Christmas. Apparently they live in caves and haven't looked at all the ice and snow  stuff on the cave lawn lately.

Has anyone seen the movie Ted 2? We watched it last night .... it's crude, immature and really funny. Right up my alley.

Enjoy your Monday folks .............

• Like 6

Morning all. Had a bit of a cold snap over the weekend with it getting down into the mid 30s Sat Night....back up in the high 70s low 80s now...and will be 84 on Christmas.

Due to space limitations the majority of my Klipsch gear is in storage awaiting a new owner. On Friday afternoon I grabbed the RB5 and stands and a RC3 and decided to hook them up as a 3.1 system.... B)

I haven't had the RB5's playing front stage for about 3 years....and I feel like a moron....man I forgot how lovely these things are.....sooooo much better than the RF3's.....even my oldest daughter (20) said yesterday while decorating.."Why haven't we had these speakers playing until now....they sound MUCH better than the others". Amazing how much bass those things produce....may not even setup the sub....gasp

Got the temporary chicken coop up while we convert an old work shed into the permanent coop....harvested a dozen eggs in the past week.....fresh eggs are an awesome treat....wife also got her garden in....Kale, Spinach, Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli, Mustard Greens, Collard Greens and long leaf lettuce.

Down to having to finish the bathroom floor for the bathroom to be complete....should have that done by Christmas

Short work week for us worker bees....

• Like 7

• Moderators

we smoked some food...

Still don't know how you get it in the pipe :mellow:

Yea I was thinking that....lol lol

MKP :-)

We had to break it up in little pieces, although we did go through may lighters, Pork is hard to light.  :angry:

• Like 6

• Moderators

It was a fun few days, to tell the truth I never expected those two guys to come visit for a few days, I know there both very busy and I appreciate them taking the time for this. 

It's like many of you, it's fun to have people get together who share the same interest and ideas and love for music. Although Kevin's and Roy's taste for ,music is a little different than mine, some of it anyway, they both love classic rock but they are also serious metal heads. I'm not so much into that kind of metal in general.

So think about this, many of the klipsch speakers which you all have from the last 25 years (or more) have been designed and voiced by someone who loves classic rock and metal, and many other things.  :emotion-21:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 5

• Moderators

Just thought of this, and many of you feel the same i would think. 

It's great to have someone come to your house who knows what good sound is when they hear it, so them listening can hear things you have become use to but may be a little off.

Both of these guys know what great sound is, Kevin has a crazy amount of Klipsch's biggest and best speakers and has been for a very long time even visiting with PWK many times he was so attracted to that sound.

Roy, well he designed and voiced most all of the best and popular Klipsch designs of the last 20+ years (I forget the exact number) and spent most of his life trying to reproduce great live and accurate sound so he surely knows.

So with all this I was very excited to have them listen and give me advice on what to change or adjust. Roy got here and we just talked about everything the first evening but never listened, the next day he listened for a while, I asked OK what should I do, hoping it wasn't to bad and he said, na it sounds fine to me, I didn't know what to think, I was happy and sad at the same time.  :wacko:

Kevin said the same thing, I know if there was anything serous they would have been wanting to tinker with it or tell me what direction to go. It's sad in a way I almost wanted something to be off. :ph34r: You never know what your missing until you hear the difference, we all have done this before, the great unknown improvement you can't hear until you hear it is always what we shoot for. Guess it could have been worse, they could have said how can you listen to this for so long, it terrible  :(

• Like 4

Moorning Gang

Day two, wet, Drizzle, no storms, no real rain.

Couple cups w/Duggans and down for a Nap.

Bench projects coming along, currently nipping away at one iv saved parts for since i was 11.

Not saying what im working on but the last couple times iv built these devices they were Tube based.

Ah, i see a package at the front door, i better fetch that .

Appears detel and better half has found some new party friends, they should all be well versed in Bartending for the Hope event.

• Like 6

• Moderators
Appears detel and better half has found some new party friends, they should all be well versed in Bartending for the Hope event.

I tend to go in the direction of party people, there usually the fun ones  :)

As far as bartender goers, I drink alot of shots and things just on the rocks so any monkey can pour out of a bottle, when partying keeping it simple is best for me.  :D  :emotion-19:

• Like 5