Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Merry Christmas Eve, eve.

Yeah, we are building up to the big day around here. My son has thoroughly inspected every gift under the tree with his name on it. Lots of cleaning to be done today. Vacuuming, dusting, picking up LEGO bits around here today as we expect about 20 guests Friday. On the Christmas menu will be Ham, Ribs, Mac n Cheese, mashed taters, a couple of different casseroles, homemade egg rolls, various pies/cakes. Nobody will go hungry, that's for sure!

• Like 8

Morning gang...

JL .....sounds like good times for sure.....ya know I remember when I was a kid checking out my gifts under the tree... trying to figure out what's in em.... man that was a long time ago...

I had LEGO when I was a kid...loved em... I watched a show the other night about the LEGO Co. Really cool....these guys take LEGO really serious....LEGO is not just a job for these people, it's a way of life...

Another nice day today....will be in the 70's...... WoW.....this weather is nuts.... calling for 75 Christmas day..... oh yea for "global warming".....lol lol....I guess I'll have my shorts on again, oh yea and my "back pack"....

Got the BOSS a very rusty Geo Tracker yesterday....will be pulling the engine out to put in her Samurai...

Yea the BIG 1.6L in the Samurai....lol lol ...She posted some pics in "what I got today"

I'm a lucky guy....I can make my wife happy buying her Klipsch, Carver, and a old rusy Tracker.... I got it made....

2nd cup almost done.....gotta roll... a good day to all....

MKP :-)

• Like 8

Morning gang

Late night, early morning, good thing to have zero planned for the next three days :emotion-21:

I figured id split with the Wife, the xmas card funding, so we could both kind of have unexpected play money :emotion-21:

Worked out well i guess, she took off for a couple hours to "Insure" the local Indian tribe has a profitable new year  :unsure:

Me ill throw my share into PayPal, constant need for componets :emotion-21:

Project(s) working out, current one involving sound waves, last time i did a few designs they were tube because

there were NO good Amp/Audio chips/transistors 50 years ago. so far im kind of ok with this SS, a bit of harsh/crispy sound, im not used to.

Day after Xmas iv arranged to pick up a Farmer for the day and take him to this bigazz swapmeet,

Told him be ready by 7am and have a grand cash.

post-57941-0-21840000-1450881412_thumb.j

• Like 8

Morning gang...

JL .....sounds like good times for sure.....ya know I remember when I was a kid checking out my gifts under the tree... trying to figure out what's in em.... man that was a long time ago...

I had LEGO when I was a kid...loved em... I watched a show the other night about the LEGO Co. Really cool....these guys take LEGO really serious....LEGO is not just a job for these people, it's a way of life...

Another nice day today....will be in the 70's...... WoW.....this weather is nuts.... calling for 75 Christmas day..... oh yea for "global warming".....lol lol....I guess I'll have my shorts on again, oh yea and my "back pack"....

Got the BOSS a very rusty Geo Tracker yesterday....will be pulling the engine out to put in her Samurai...

Yea the BIG 1.6L in the Samurai....lol lol ...She posted some pics in "what I got today"

I'm a lucky guy....I can make my wife happy buying her Klipsch, Carver, and a old rusy Tracker.... I got it made....

2nd cup almost done.....gotta roll... a good day to all....

Sounds familiar. When I was a kid, I would unwrap then rewrap my gifts, just had to find out what's under the tree :D

Maybe that's why I'm good at wrapping today!

I volunteered to wrap all my Dad's gifts to the grandkids and great grandkids, 24 kids in all.

Crazy weather here also…high of 64, and we will break a few record warm temps in the next few days. 

It just doesn't feel much like Christmas around here while wearing shorts :D

Have a great day everybody.

• Like 7

• Moderators

It's so warm Santa has a new style this year.

OMG ...that could ruin a kid for life. No one, repeat no one should ever sit in that Santa's lap!!

Have a good day and cheers to all .........gotta run. 2 early appointments and finish up shopping.

Just for reference i put a like on that but really did not like it.  :unsure:  That's something even Mrs Clause doesn't want to see. :o

• Like 4

• Moderators

Just set up my son with his first bedroom stereo system. He has a pair of Heresy IIs, Pioneer receiver, and Android tablet working as a music server. He is on cloud nine!

Sounds perfect, I can understand why he's excited. With the tablet working as a server he can try out many different styles of music and find new things .  :emotion-21:

• Like 3

Went to the Palce of Auburn Hills, home of Detroit Pistons, last night to watch MSU Spartans hang on to defeat pesky Oakland University Golden Grizzlies in overtime. The tickets were a birthday gift from my sons. Fun time.

I mention it here because, at times, the "bass" was too much from the PA. I'd like to see what they use to generate that much low frequency energy in such a large space.

A Google search located an article that described a 150,000 watt center hung JBL system. The sound was impressive, not necessarily good, but impressive.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 4

Evening Gang

Eating sugar cookies and spending money.,

Earlier today however i managed to spend just fine without the cookies :emotion-41:

^^^^^^^^Hmmmmmmm WEED you have? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is that one of the farmers' dogs??

LMAO this morning....You guys crack me up LOL :D :D :D

• Like 6

Evening Gang

Eating sugar cookies and spending money.,

Earlier today however i managed to spend just fine without the cookies :emotion-41:

Is that one of the farmers' dogs??

LMAO this morning....You guys crack me up LOL :D :D :D

Wake and bake uh?

• Like 7

Just set up my son with his first bedroom stereo system. He has a pair of Heresy IIs, Pioneer receiver, and Android tablet working as a music server. He is on cloud nine!

What programs did you use? I ask as my son will be getting a tablet tomorrow and I am sure he would love to be able to listen to his music.

• Like 5