Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good morning coffee gang............ :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

MKP....   I'll try and keep this short...

Those are GREAT numbers from those Honda cars! :D   Problem here is, the bodies just don't last long enough around these parts for that to happen. :wacko2:

You and I know, a lot of it all comes down to the care the engine and driveline components receive  through the car's life time.   Proof of that?  My 1982 Chevette.   I wanted a small car getting good mileage since I did not need to move my keyboard gear any longer we had a road crew and truck to do it when the band started to make good $$..   (some laughed and snickered with my choice - but, I loved driving my sister's and I liked it enough to get one of my own.)

So, as it goes, I wasn't quite ready to go metric at the time, and surely wanted to stick with rear wheel drive which I was so used to...    The Chevette was the only new SUB compact American made car at the time that fit that bill.     I had it for 11.5 years, sold with 286k on the OD... Lots of rusty body components and   71 oil changes later,  that little Brazilian made 4 banger was still running beautifully :smile: ..    

The real surprise was that the CLUTCH was not only replaced BUT, never adjusted from it's factory setting !!!!   Many of my friends in the auto field found that hard to believe.   But, I would show them the clutch adjuster that had some original factory weather seal spray on it, Untouched and it it's original position ! :emotion-21:

I am just very easy on clutches and brakes....   My 2012 Escape has 27k and the front brakes are showing hardly any where shown at my last oil change...Hardly any brake dust stains on the wheels.   It is all in the way you take care of the machine  :wink: (driving habits...?...)

Have a nice day my friends, off to Dunkin' Donuts before hitting this morning's pipe organ tuning... ^_^

.............Gary

• Like 5

Wow where has the time gone, so many pages of projects.  Decks, out door stereo systems, cars, bathrooms, shops, MST3k projects.  You name it, its been tackled here this weekend.  I don't get much time to post when I am down at the lakes.  Well I should say, I put the phone away and enjoy the scenery.  I did how ever get my water going, I had to drive the well piping down approx 13' which gave me 5-7' of water.  I all so did some smoking in my ugly drum smoker, that thing works great.  I will have to see if I have some pictures to share.  Sounds like everyone had a nice long weekend, I could use an extra day for recouping.  Coffee today, is extra good tasting, but now its time to run.  I will catch you guys later.

• Like 7

Good Taco Tuesday morning gang

Waiting for the wife to roll out, see how my day is planned.

That's ok, id rather sit in the waiting room than the "Chair" anyday.

80s 90s for the week, so far Skeeters in check, i like this.

post-57941-0-42480000-1432646683_thumb.j

• Like 4

Wow where has the time gone, so many pages of projects.  Decks, out door stereo systems, cars, bathrooms, shops, MST3k projects.  You name it, its been tackled here this weekend.  I don't get much time to post when I am down at the lakes.  Well I should say, I put the phone away and enjoy the scenery.  I did how ever get my water going, I had to drive the well piping down approx 13' which gave me 5-7' of water.  I all so did some smoking in my ugly drum smoker, that thing works great.  I will have to see if I have some pictures to share.  Sounds like everyone had a nice long weekend, I could use an extra day for recouping.  Coffee today, is extra good tasting, but now its time to run.  I will catch you guys later.

MST3000, yes they call us "Mistys", well iv been called worse.

Parts are still coming in and im reading up on the "Crow" project, only a few in history have gone with servo controls, and seeing a couple on youtube, they are crap.

Will learn servo Control/Mech, iv got a great Mentor w/jerry jewell at skulltronix.com, he's been a bud for 20+ years, gave me all kinds of stuff to play with and is only 10miles away.

These pics are from the web, not mine, my guy is still in pieces.....

post-57941-0-18880000-1432647162_thumb.j

post-57941-0-05640000-1432647703_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 4

Morning guys.....

Yea was a good weekend for sure......

We got the deck rocking yesterday.......Hooked up the EV's got the Crown powered up.....and fired up the new grill for the 1st time.

We celebrated my one sister-in laws birthday.....my birthday (next week) my neice and nephew graduation and of course memorial day.......was a good day----pics coming...

Yea Gary....good mainance of a car is what's it all about....I know what your saying about the body of the just rotting away....I think you guys have it worse up north.

Gotta roll out....a good day to all

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Lots to get caught up on. So much so that the only guy that got a formal 'like' since I last posted is Jake. Cool shades. Need to keep up better.

Super lazy Memorial Day after the grass cutting and trimming. In between rain showers I did make good progress on the covered patio project in terms of cosmetics. No big plans for the week other than that project and starting to get ready to go see the kids in Germany in early June.

duder ... congrats on the well. Try to check back in a bit.

• Like 5

LF and I rode 12 miles on our bikes....about an hour and 20 minutes.  Jake sat it out in the AC.  Mosquitos are active so he stays in quite a bit.

Ever notice how the days run together when you don't work?  

Well next big project is planning lunch.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 8

• Moderators

Ever notice how the days run together when you don't work?

Nope.  Seems like I'm always working.

Somebody's got to do it, sorry you got the vote. Don't worry it only last until you get OLD, on the bright side, I think, your heading that way quickly.  :lol:

• Like 5

• Moderators
LF skipped lunch to strum the Taylor on the refinished front porch. Home made chicken soup for me. A couple of pics......

Looking good, the porch came out nice also, BUT who's the old hippie looking dude out there with the LF ? :o  :P

• Like 6

Mark or Jeff, I'd gladly swap mechanical jobs with either (or both!) of you in place of my remodel. I'd be done a LOT sooner :lol:.

At least you have the concrete part done, right?

I might have to chip a little more when I move the pipes but I won't know that till I try next weekend.  I've side drilled the slab so I can put a couple of pieces of rebar in and prevent the new concrete from settling.  After that, I'll build the shower enclosure and start on the pan.

• Like 6