Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Meanwhile out in crazy California........ I had a taco and beer with an old friend on Wednesday afternoon. He talked about and showed me pictures of his daughter and her 5 soon to be 6 kids. He said when they're out together someone will say something like "are all those yours?". And she of course says "Yes" And then they say something like "your destroying the earth" What a bunch of nutjobs.

The women in our family (Italian) would tell them to get busy and have some more.

• Like 4

Sancho, prayers sent for your son.

Carl mst have been a heartwrenching experience. Glad she seems to have proved the doctor wrong. God is good.

God is certainly good.   She had an enormous cyst that showed up on several MRI's during her stay there, most likely due to the severe hydrocephalus she developed.  By the time we left, they couldn't find it. 

The Dr's indicated there was a very likely chance she'd have serious cognitive and physical disabilities.  We were told not to get our hopes up. 

• Like 6

Carl mst have been a heartwrenching experience. Glad she seems to have proved the doctor wrong. God is good.

God is certainly good.   She had an enormous cyst that showed up on several MRI's during her stay there, most likely due to the severe hydrocephalus she developed.  By the time we left, they couldn't find it. 

The Dr's indicated there was a very likely chance she'd have serious cognitive and physical disabilities.  We were told not to get our hopes up. 

so, being a senior in high school as you said she is, does 17 or 18 years later mean that she's "in the clear?"

• Like 3

so, being a senior in high school as you said she is, does 17 or 18 years later mean that she's "in the clear?"

Pretty much.  The only issue she could have is if her shunt breaks.  It broke when she was 10 and she had to have a revision/repair done.  Basically the spinal fluid doesn't drain down her spinal column like most peoples so they put a tube into the ventricle in her brain and ran it under her skin to drain into her abdominal cavity and be absorbed by her body.  Over time they become coated with calcium and become brittle and break.

• Like 4

Sancho

I wish Jackson, Lee, you and your wife all the best. Our prayers are out for a speedy recovery  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

The thought of something like this makes all my concerns small in comparison 

Good fortune with it and please do keep us posted

Very well said.  My prayers for your son and family are with you, Sancho.

• Like 3

Duder just noticed I forgot to mail glasses, one replacement and a spare just in case, they have been sitting about 2' from where I am sitting now, just forgot, but it will happen.

No worries

That house would be awesome to have for parties, i can see animal house all over again.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Would appreciate thoughts & prayers for my son, Jackson. He had a tube surgically implanted in his intestine earlier this year. This morning it came out, so he had to go to the ER.

Prolly going to require surgery to remove a curved part of his intestine...

Consider it done.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

That's great Jackson is home.  I've been around sporadically, Chuck.  Haven't had as much time to keep up here and post regularly.  When I clicked on the C&C forum, it took me back 45 or so pages to August 2nd.  I just went back about a week to try to get caught up.  How is Jake doing?  Marley was hurting big time last year from playing rough with Blaze outside.  We initially gave him low-dose 81 mg aspirin not wanting to get his stomach upset.  Our vet told us we should give him 325 mg SAFETY_COATED aspirin.  He is about 100 lbs so he needed a higher dose, but the key was to get the safety-coated.  Check with your vet.  I know I wrote down notes about how many a day we could give him.  I will look for them.  I think we only gave him one or two a day spread out...morning and night after his meal.  It definitely relieved his pain until he mended.

Mark, can I borrow Mr. Crow?  The last two mornings the crows have been in the woods cawking at each other like you wouldn't believe.  Yesterday I yelled out the window as loud as I could and cawked back.  They kept going for at least 10 minutes straight.  I would have thought they would have cawked them selves sore.  Same thing happened this morning.  I went out in my underwear and beeped the car horn several times...didn't phase them.  Went back inside and got my old Elmer Fudd side-by-side 20 gauge.  Never had a good shot, but the war is on.  Anyway, it would be nice if Mr. Crow could teach them some manners and respect and how to talk in the calm voice Mr. Crow talks with.  Great job!

Going to start jammin SRV pretty soon and most of the night.  Any SRV fans (and I hope that is everyone) come on over to Right This Minute or the SRV Tribute thread tonight and this weekend and join the party!

:emotion-29:   :emotion-19:  :emotion-46:

006_zpszfscziir.jpg

Edited by tnr
  • Like 8