Dubstep music?

timdog5000

this is probably not the right place to post this, but I have recently stumbled across this Genre. I don't know if it's considered dance music or house music or rave music but whatever it is, on my RF-7 ii it sounds freaking awesome! I thought black-eyed peas sound a good this music is incredible. I feel like I am demoing sound effects. some songs are better than others but it seems like every day these sevens sound better to me. i'm starting to see what people mean when they say the sevens will reveal bad recordings. another statement that rings true is the louder you turn them out the better they sound . I think I may have to give my ears a break for a couple nights after last night.

My son listens to this also. I can tolerate it for a while as I enjoy the bass but I can't take it for more than about 10 or 20 minutes depending on the artist. I do like the Black Eyed Peas though, they really pound my horn sub on the back porch. They'll make the KP-301 II's hit hard also.

timdog

My son introduced me to Dubstep a few years ago and you are right, that genre clearly makes Klipsch speakers sing. Sometimes I get a bit freaked out by some of the sounds in the music. One of my favorites is Timestretch (West Coast Lo Fi Remix). Give it a listen.

And yes, like others, I can only handle this music for short periods of time before it just gets a bit irritating LOL. Then I throw on some Norah Jones to brings things back to order.

Which is why asked the age question. Dubstep has been around since the 90's, but had a resurgance about 7 years or so ago. It's popular with the kids these days, so I was curious your age demographic and how it relates to you recently discovering/enjoying the music.

personally, I'm a fan of the big beat genre (the chemical brothers, fatboy slim, the prodigy, crystal method, etc) that has pretty much died off in the last decade. But I'm 32, and the genre was at it's height during my teen years, whereas dubstep was more of a local UK club thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_beat

I even listen to "noise" sometimes... my favorite is Pita/get out album, thankfully I could find this on Vinyl.

be careful though, it will absolutely rip your speakers up. the LP has lots of low frequency signal and get's really crazy towards the end of the song.

Edited by Schu

• Moderators

My son has the RF-7 / RC-64 in his bedroom and probably 99.9% of his music is dubstep. Like others, he introduced me to it. I agree, I love the sound of it but cannot listen to it all day like he can. Dubstep rocks with RF-7 & RF-7ii's.

If you want a list of Dubstep Artists, I can ask him some of his favorite. I know he loves Skrillex

A quick Youtube search for Dubstep and I found this 7hr video of Dubstep songs. That should keep you busy for awhile. Haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rbDpFVetjQ

• Like 1

Which is why asked the age question. Dubstep has been around since the 90's, but had a resurgance about 7 years or so ago. It's popular with the kids these days, so I was curious your age demographic and how it relates to you recently discovering/enjoying the music.

personally, I'm a fan of the big beat genre (the chemical brothers, fatboy slim, the prodigy, crystal method, etc) that has pretty much died off in the last decade. But I'm 32, and the genre was at it's height during my teen years, whereas dubstep was more of a local UK club thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_beat

I was going to post something similar but you said it way better then I could. But yeah what he said.

I enjoy The Chemical Brothers and Prodigy, along with KMFDM. I didn't get carried away but it was nice when cruising out in the country with the t tops off. I do now enjoy dubstep, as well does my wife.

It makes me think of strobe lights and Ecst :blink2: asy

and glowsticks

Ughhh.....

and New Orleans

My favorite dub mix line is......

boom....waba waba wabababa wabababa....boom!...waba waba wabababa wabababa wabababa wabababa....boom!...waba waba wabababa wabababa.....

I bet you guys have heard this one too :)

hello, my name is Timdog, and I'm a Dubstepaholic. okay, not really but it is cool to listen to sometimes. i'm 44 but I'm a child of the 70s/80s and my music tastes tend to focus around those eras, some newer stuff here and there but I'm a creature of habit. The last few weeks I just want to hear how everything sounds on the speakers so my taste of been all over the place I've always been a fan of Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra and the horns sound phenomenal on my new horns :-)

It makes me think of strobe lights and Ecst :blink2: asy

and glowsticks

Ughhh.....

and New Orleans

My favorite dub mix line is......

boom....waba waba wabababa wabababa....boom!...waba waba wabababa wabababa wabababa wabababa....boom!...waba waba wabababa wabababa.....

I bet you guys have heard this one too :)

thanks Max, I remember that one, oh yes, I remember that one well! it made me reflect of a tumultuous time in my life, a time of years gone by.I shed a tear for it. Aaahhhh the magic of a good Lyric it can send you back cant it? :-)