WTF ?

T2K

I don't read many threads on this forum any more but when I do I see more and more members responding to sale threads not with interest in the item but with a bunch of smart a$$ quips and comments about the sellers item or asking price. That is usually followed with a slathering of salve explaining what a close knit bunch of smart a$$es we are here reasoning that is what called for the welcoming responses. Not that we had any interest in the item in the first place.

WTF is it whit dat?

Keith

Seems like a lot of the time it is the same person over and over again. I will admit that I'm not

totally innocent myself. However I do appreciate when someone posts what certain speakers or what not are going for. The reason being that I may be looking at that item somewhere besides the forum.

When someone gets nasty on the forum, I don't feel bad at getting nasty with them. Kinda like Karma.

• Like 1

So how much is WTF and where is it located?

I wouldn't buy it without pics or the general forum consensus that it's priced appropriately.

Are the original boxes included?

Edited by Boxx

This is a topic on which there will never be consensus.

I'm guilty of calling attention to what I feel are outrageous asking prices or claims regarding Klipsch items on eBay or CL. To some degree, those offering items with inflated prices or claims invite such criticism.

A recent post by yours truly, suggested that an eBay seller of rebuilt or refinished Heresy speakers needed some fresh air. On one hand, the seller is free to make whatever claims and/or ask whatever prices he/she sees fit. On the other hand, others are free to criticize those prices or claims. It's hoped it can be done without mean-spirited personal attacks.

Ultimately, the market will decide if a price is reasonable. Potential buyers and sellers can benefit from the informed opinions of members of this forum. The eBay seller of the Heresy speakers was probably not expecting members of this forum to bid on the speakers.

Civility is the key.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 3

I have sold a few things through the forums and given away some too. Some buyers come here with a more commercial agenda and that means making or grinding out profits from the transactions. That is what has angered me and perhaps others as well. We want to provide our associates with access and even some accommodation but do not want to be manipulated in the endeavor. Sold a pair of RF7's here and the guy really scrubbed the price promising they were for his own enjoyment. Found them for sale 1 week after delivery for more $$$. There's nothing wrong with watching out for each other or pointing out scams or gouging.

• Like 2

Finally, DizRotus hits the nail on the head. There's a huge difference between publicly calling another forum member out over differences of opinion over price, etc. (of which I see only a little) and pointing out some bizzare ad or a scam on CL. The same is true of the occasional scam posted here on the forum. We should indeed look out for one another. My point is that let's use a little discernment rather than a blanket criticism of every negative comment made with regard to sale items. IMO some are are valuable and even educational while others are not.

I tend to stay out of for sale ad's unless it is something I am looking for, I have sent respectful PM messages to sellers whom are new to the forum asking an exorbitant amount for something, as a means to educate the seller, and to warn that some here may take there sale as a way of them attempting to take advantage of klipsch forum members

On the other hand I look upon the forum as family, and if someone came to my brother and asked 1000 for a 500 dollar item, I would tell my brother its outta line pricing

I also agree a RESPECTFUL question as to pricing is NOT out of line as the forum is a place of education, I know I have learned so much about audio use, buying, & selling

Just my 02

• Like 3

So how much is WTF and where is it located?

I haven't seen or heard any speakers in the WTF lineup. Can't find any specs or history on Klisch.com either. Maybe they were Way Too F***ing big, like even bigger than Khorns??

Right, you have the Heritage series of speakers which get pretty darn big. Then you move up to the MCM class of Kliscph. Then if you must have even bigger speakers you move up to the WTF class of speakers which include sets like the WTFMF and the WTFSOB which are by definition some B**A**MFs. That should size up the speaker size situation here.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Its strange that this isn't policed at all by the forum crew.

Just go on the assumption that I only see things when they are reported to me. I can't read every single post!

I think there's one series of speakers above the WTF series ... the OMG!! series.

When she was saying OMG, she was thinking of speakers.

I keep in mind that unsolicited advice is not appropriate and is never welcome. Also, there is a big difference in making a meaningful comment and someone who spews insults.

I have to confess that I called someone out for posting a higher price on the Klipsch Forum than was asked in the CL ad he had.

Seems like a lot of the time it is the same person over and over again. I will admit that I'm not

totally innocent myself

. However I do appreciate when someone posts what certain speakers or what not are going for. The reason being that I may be looking at that item somewhere besides the forum.

When someone gets nasty on the forum, I don't feel bad at getting nasty with them. Kinda like Karma.

LOL! That's not Karma, that's revenge! :lol:

Edited by wvu80

This isn't CL, Ebay or the local free "want ads". Most of the crew here isn't going to post any merchandise at an unreasonable price and I think its safe to say, the majority here know where the market is on just about anything even well outside of audio. When a stranger shows up with a single post advertising what they have, they should expect to get feedback of what is going to sell here or not. I have seen a post like this go ignored and the OP give out a second post of something like "What, no takers on this?" and then someone pipes up and lets them know where their item is trading or has traded recently and then the OP has a fit. Im certainly not saying new member sellers or even old should be bullied and what not. These acts and the "ribbing" should be reserved for the fellow members and fellow "friends" of the forum. The forum stranger or "newb" in the crowd is always going to be offended easier among strangers. They usually think they have a rare bird and seldom get the news they want and coming from an internet stranger never helps.

What gets my Goat, is when someone posts a sell item and get interest with several replies, string folks along and then say "I decided to keep them" or "it"

• Like 2