MAJOR RANT - Neighbors!

Guest Steven1963

Get an SPL meter and actually measure the DB level at your listening postion. That will tell us a lot.

I live in a Twin Home in a HOA around 1 Cul-de-Sac. I listen at levels that reach the upper 80 dbs. Maybe some peaks of low 90s. Any louder and you can damage your hearing. I keep my windows closed downstairs in my 'Man Cave'. Either my heat is on or my A/C is on. Your house stays cleaner this way also. When I go outside, I can barely hear anything standing next to the house. I have never had a complaint, and I doubt my neighbors have heard anything at all.

Amateurs you are all amateurs, a resident in our area called the cops because I rode a 4 wheeler, cops came and left, next day her and my wife had words and the trouble started

everytime i rode the 4 wheeler on PRIVATE PROPERTY the cops showed, of course nothing illegal so they would leave

couple weeks later I and my wife are in court charged with harassment, Apparently you can menisingly stare at someone from hundreds of feet away and riding your atv on your property is harassment here in Md. Because I get a ct order to keep my atv off my private drive

so I sell my atv's cops show up because I sell them apparently the guy test driving the atv was me...............cops leave

neighbor rides his, cops show up because he is now me

working on an atv is now illegal because trying to push start it in the yard is illegal apparently cops show up again

10 days later court again, apparently the woman is frustrated i am not in jail, nice long list of complaints, I hav not been arrested, my wife has not been arrested, we ride a scooter, we drive a lawn tractor to my dads 7 acres,

several blatent lies in this letter that i take pics of and figure If I prove the ------------- is lying This will be over, Woops she has hired a LAWYER NOW, he gets the judge to concentrate on 1 item and I can only speak on that 1 item " is easement part of the road" because if it is then I apparently violated a court order to not ride an atv on the road

now the lawyer obviously understood the nut jobs letter was not going to fly and he was smart enough to center on this 1 thing which threw my prep in the crapper, so now I am ordered to stay off the first 35 feet of m property next to the road with an atv

cops and county zoning and county health department all show up several more times, finally i guess the county attorney is a little tired of showing up and he orders the police to measure out the property to which the conclude no laws were being broken and they instruct the woman to stop calling

all this because she and her wimp husband built a 450,000.00 house in a 200,000.00 neighborhood and couldnt sell the property which was apparently our fault

Welcome to COMMUNIST Maryland where a phyco womans whining means you can not use PRIVATE PROPERTY for PRIVATE Enjoyment according to the judge

Thank God the ----------------------finally sold the house

Edited by joessportster

Amateurs you are all amateurs, a resident in our area called the cops because I rode a 4 wheeler, cops came and left, next day her and my wife had words and the trouble started

everytime i rode the 4 wheeler on PRIVATE PROPERTY the cops showed, of course nothing illegal so they would leave

couple weeks later I and my wife are in court charged with harassment, Apparently you can menisingly stare at someone from hundreds of feet away and riding your atv on your property is harassment here in Md. Because I get a ct order to keep my atv off my private drive

so I sell my atv's cops show up because I sell them apparently the guy test driving the atv was me...............cops leave

neighbor rides his, cops show up because he is now me

working on an atv is now illegal because trying to push start it in the yard is illegal apparently cops show up again

10 days later court again, apparently the woman is frustrated i am not in jail, nice long list of complaints, I hav not been arrested, my wife has not been arrested, we ride a scooter, we drive a lawn tractor to my dads 7 acres,

several blatent lies in this letter that i take pics of and figure If I prove the ------------- is lying This will be over, Woops she has hired a LAWYER NOW, he gets the judge to concentrate on 1 item and I can only speak on that 1 item " is easement part of the road" because if it is then I apparently violated a court order to not ride an atv on the road

now the lawyer obviously understood the nut jobs letter was not going to fly and he was smart enough to center on this 1 thing which threw my prep in the crapper, so now I am ordered to stay off the first 35 feet of m property next to the road with an atv

cops and county zoning and county health department all show up several more times, finally i guess the county attorney is a little tired of showing up and he orders the police to measure out the property to which the conclude no laws were being broken and they instruct the woman to stop calling

all this because she and her wimp husband built a 450,000.00 house in a 200,000.00 neighborhood and couldnt sell the property which was apparently our fault

Welcome to COMMUNIST Maryland where a phyco womans whining means you can not use PRIVATE PROPERTY for PRIVATE Enjoyment according to the judge

:emotion-21: You handled it well Joe, don't know id have done anything different.

Im in Suburbia, Largest corner lot in the area, two driveways, sometimes I open both front and rear gates and a neighbor or two rip around the house on a couple atv's.

Where I live, I would be the "Tom Hanks" of the "Burbs" movie.

The last thing I want to do is listen to some other idiots music... of that you can be sure. I've never called the cops on anyone though.

HOWEVER, I DO want to listen to this idiots music. I dont get any complaints, knocks on wood, and frankly in my room where music occurs, I have a hard time getting into the 95db range.

Edited by Schu

I think the city should specify a certain number to decibels allowed . When my wife was on night shift the neighbor was JACKHAMMERING his double drive way for weeks it seemed like and I know no system could be that annoying. If police come to my house I got db meter to make sure they know how loud it is outside. Rick

Guest Steven1963

Yup...I'm thinking a db meter is going to be my next purchase as I will need it to defend myself against a citation...that is likely going to be issued at some point in the future.

I don't think I could live in town again. On the other hand, internet connection sucks in the country. I do get snowed in a lot. We watch the news and keep plenty of food on hand. My son hates it in the country but when he stays at a friends house(in town) he says it too noisy to sleep. If you have the money you might find that living in the sticks is a good place to be. Good luck brother

There is a lot to be said about peeing off the deck, walking to the car in your underwear to get something you forgot the previous night, and throwing parties without ahole neighbors getting in the way.

I completely agree 100%, it is really underrated. :emotion-55:

Steven, know the law and stay within it and then it's the neighbors problem, and there is nothing they can do about it.

I wouldn't move but if you do look for more than 1/2 acre, unless no one is around it.

It's my favorite place to pee, and I have 3 toilets in the house that are no further away.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Yep I do that so much I would think they have me on a satellite pic doing it, wish I would have known I would have waved. In the middle of the night I usually just walk outside passing a bathroom on the way, well the bathroom don't have stars. :rolleyes:

I think the city should specify a certain number to decibels allowed .

Normally I would suggest that they specify a certain number of dB at the property line, and also specify the meter settings (Fast vs Slow, C vs A weighting) and the duration that sound louder than that is tolerated. BUT, I'm not sure they would be competent to do the job. The following should be taken into consideration:

• Music that reads 80 dB or so on an analog meter, C, Slow, in a room, may produce very short unread peaks of 115 dB, and that's O.K., and won't damage normal hearing. PWK said that with his three channel music system ("Wide Stage Stereo") of the '60s, using three 20 watt amplifiers (feeding two Klipschorns and one Cornwall -- in later years, one Belle Klipsch), one could have peaks of "115 dB at your ears," in a room. By the time that sound goes through walls and makes it to the property line it will be a lot lower in SPL, but brief peaks (like a car crash in a movie should be tolerated by the neighbors, IMO).
  • Leaf blowers, powered lawn mowers, garbage trucks, power saws, etc. should have to go by the same rules as music. Music should not be discriminated against. Given that, people should be told by the city that they can expect to hear music or movie sound effects from time to time, and that that's legal .... unless the city would like to ban the leaf blowers, and the rest.
  • We should make sure that all windows and doors are closed before cranking it up.

(respectful snip, just wanted to reference the post)

What a story! :o:wacko:

My brother has a neighbor that called the cops all the time when he did nothing wrong. He kept a list of the dates and times the cops showed up and their responses. The list got so long that he took it to court and filed a harassment case. She is not allowed to call the cops on him anymore but now her focus is on another neighbor.

My brother has a neighbor that called the cops all the time when he did nothing wrong. He kept a list of the dates and times the cops showed up and their responses. The list got so long that he took it to court and filed a harassment case. She is not allowed to call the cops on him anymore but now her focus is on another neighbor.

People like that are fun......................I went to the sheriff office and requested a copy of the reports, apparently in communist maryland only the supposed victim IE...The_______________that made the calls is allowed to get the copies, It was tragic every deputy that came here walked up with a long face and first words outta there mouths were Im sorry............................We asked several times why she could not be charged with bogus calls / false reports etc... all they said was they could not do that..................thought about the harassment thing but figured it would look like retribution and didnt want to pay an attorney..........funny thing is the ____________ spent about 1000,00 dollars for a 6 month court order telling me and my wife we cant ride atv's............Spoke with another judge who said appeal it the order was not lawful, But who has the time or money

Bet your life when I get settled permanent it will be on a few acres with posted signs and an obscured view keeping idiots out of my business

• Like 2

In 1969 I lived in a quadraplex apartment facilty and every Saturday I would crank up the

K-horns very loud for about an hour. I would hear doors slamming and cars moving but

never got any complaints. The reason why was because there was a real live trumpet player in the adjacent

apartment practicing his scales on the outside balcony. And believe me after an hour

of listening to scales it dwarfs my rock and roll music in agrivationality.

JJK