NEW - Klipsch Reference Speaker Selector

Chad

• Administrators

Forum peeps get first peeks. This is a web app that fills a need we've long had - a way to suggest certain systems (5.1 mainly) based on just a few questions being asked.

It is not a "be all, end all" or "last word" thing. It is merely meant to steer prospective customers in a certain direction. that said, there was some science that went into this. It will be updated as new products are released.

Please check it out! Also as with any new application, there may be bugs. Feel free to let me know about them.

http://selector.klipsch.com

Thanks!

• Like 3

It is broken, it does not suggest Palladiums. 

Seriously, why not have a selector that might recommend speakers selected from all Klipsch lines, not just Reference, e.g., under the right circumstances, K-horns, Jubs, Palladiums (Palladia?), or various pro systems as well?  Would the RF7ii still be suggested for a floorstanding "everything" system for a 400 sq fr floor area?  800?  1500?

Slightly related:  I'd love to see a Klipsch demo room (like Panasonic's Hollywood projector room) in which one could listen to, say, the best Jub configuration v.s. the best Palladium.

Edited by Garyrc
  • Like 1

• Moderators

It is not a "be all, end all" or "last word" thing. It is merely meant to steer prospective customers in a certain direction. that said, there was some science that went into this. It will be updated as new products are released.

Gary....I understand where you are coming from but if I had to guess, the vast majority of sales is in the Reference Line or maybe that's one of the more profitable lines for Klipsch.  They probably could add the other lines but they would have to include questions like:

"Does your wife care how big they are?"

"Do you prefer Modern or Old School"

"Are your pockets shallow or deep?"

:lol::D:P

• Like 3

Lol those are all awesome questions and I think chad should add all of them?

How much do you really wanna piss off your neighbors should also hit the list. For the occasional crazy guy with a 6000 sq ft room who wants to piss of is neighbors a mike away. Mcm grands!!

Well crud.  It advised me that I needed a state of the art direct/reflecting system made by bose.  Said something about their acousti-mass bass module being just enough to satiate my desire for deep, room filling sound.

Should I try to sell my current and unworthy goods or just drop them off at Salvation Army?

:(

• Like 2