Hope Gathering 2015 Pictures

mikebse2a3

• Moderators

mr rodney newton is a generous man.  i used to fish in his small lake all the time.  he has always been a very kind and generous person and boy did the hope gathers get to see it.  i really want to express my thanks and gratitude to rodney.  i hope everyone that was there realizes that he went above and beyond and in making everyone feel comfortable and at home.  he made sure that no one wanted for anything. 

Very true, an amazing man !

• Like 2

Kevin's KP-600 rig idling outside the pavilion. Recorded with my enclosed iPhone which shifts the tone around a good bit.....even so:

The new kids on the block. The 1802 and 396 playing outdoors at the factory's top-secret proving grounds, filmed by Kevin and I via a Samsung Galaxy S5. Once again, all simply loafing along:

• Like 6

• Moderators

other guys from houston, beaumont, and corpus made it just fine.  :rolleyes:

They flew in from Houston, CC and Bmont? Guess they lucked out and beat the weather that came in Friday morning into Spinks where I was hoping to pick up Bill. I saw things cleared up nicely by Sunday so it must have been pretty coming back.

My timing hasn't been good lately, I was in Hope a couple of weeks ago and Roy was out of the Country, but got to say hello to a couple of factory friends, but it sure would have been nice to see some old forum friends and meet some new ones.

It sounds like it was a great time, as always, with some excitement thrown in.

Looking forward to seeing more photos, especially Boxx's family.

• Like 1

other guys from houston, beaumont, and corpus made it just fine.  :rolleyes:

They flew in from Houston, CC and Bmont? Guess they lucked out and beat the weather that came in Friday morning into Spinks where I was hoping to pick up Bill. I saw things cleared up nicely by Sunday so it must have been pretty coming back.

My timing hasn't been good lately, I was in Hope a couple of weeks ago and Roy was out of the Country, but got to say hello to a couple of factory friends, but it sure would have been nice to see some old forum friends and meet some new ones.

It sounds like it was a great time, as always, with some excitement thrown in.

Looking forward to seeing more photos, especially Boxx's family.

Doh, no they drove. Didn't realize you were wanting to fly as well

• Klipsch Employees

Kevin's KP-600 rig idling outside the pavilion. Recorded with my enclosed iPhone which shifts the tone around a good bit.....even so:

The new kids on the block. The 1802 and 396 playing outdoors at the factory's top-secret proving grounds, filmed by Kevin and I via a Samsung Galaxy S5. Once again, all simply loafing along:

i had to move the 102 off the stand as it was about to fall off.  the 1802 was "pushing" it off the stand.

• Like 2

Hobo chatting up the PAW...

post-7390-0-52600000-1428970989_thumb.jp

Rodney at the pit. 

post-7390-0-00880000-1428971127_thumb.jp

The club house before the main event.

post-7390-0-57520000-1428971202_thumb.jp

Setup for supper on Saturday.

post-7390-0-90000000-1428971272_thumb.jp

And the sun set over paradise.

post-7390-0-18600000-1428971338_thumb.jp

Party INSIDE.

post-7390-0-19720000-1428971409_thumb.jp

Even more...

post-7390-0-63280000-1428971478_thumb.jp

Sunday sunrise.

post-7390-0-33680000-1428971585_thumb.jp

Sunday morning after at the Club House.  Until next year...

post-7390-0-72000000-1428971638_thumb.jp

Dave

• Like 5

Sometimes people just don't know what they are talking about.........I should know.....I go to those meetings.

I hate meetings... They get in the way of people trying to do real work.

Edited by seti
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Just wanted to say, Thank You to Seadog for bringing the Cornwalls, I don't know who brought the other equipment used to power them ?

Who ever it was thank you, the Cornwalls with the tubes and vinyl was exceptional, some recordings more than others (as usual) but still amazing.   

Just wanted to make a public thank you to the great "Chief bonehead"

He did not know he was going to be able to be in town till about a day and a half before the event, yet he still scrambled to put on a Demo for us and made himself available to party with both nights!

If you did not make the time to make yourself available to pick Roys brain and get to know him, then you definately made a mistake....

Roger

• Like 5

Meanwhile, back at the hotel, a couple of small Heresy rigs were set up, one set was the 1977 flame twin HDBL Heresys, powered by H/K 430 twin-powered receiver. But I only took three pics of the HDBL flame twins, and I am hoping some of you other pilgrims have more pics of the meeting room fun. The poor flame twins were just out of a 15 year storage, and needed what PWK would probably have called: "Just knocking the dust off the woofers".

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/gallery/image/1394-flame-twins/

Thanks again to Roy for putting together a demo time and set-up for us...and to Bodcaw Rodney for going above and beyond...WAAAAAAY above and beyond!

Edited by HDBRbuilder
  • Like 2

it’s weird looking at pictures of “strangers” and knowing that i’ve probably talked to many of them -- just have no idea what most you look like.  Guess i could always go to the post office and look on the wall if i ever get that curious.

Well get off your DUFF and reply to a picture and ask who is in it and we will try to answer any questions you may have??

Roger

• Moderators

Okay, so I am going to go all "mushy" on y'all!  As always, I am so blessed to be in the presence of so many awesome friends that  I have the privilege of calling my family.  There aren't very many people that can understand the relationships and friendships that have been formed through the years with these gatherings.

I am truly saddened that some of you that have not attended these gatherings can not possibly understand what I mean by the above statements.  While we remain a tight group here on the forum there is nothing that compare to meeting each other in person and meeting their family members.  This friendship is what continually brings me back to this forum.....so many friends....so many people that I consider to be family.....when someone is not attendance they are truly missed.  

• Like 4