Yes, and Boudain. My grandson told me the other day he didnt think he liked it. So I went to BBQ place that a local guy here has setup that makes good ol Boudain. Really good stuff. Brought home some smoked Boudain and "made" him try it. Ha, no he likes it. 

• Like 1

We call them cokes as well. If you ask someone to grab you a coke, they ask what kind. LOL. Dr Pepper? Mt Dew? Sprite?

And chili DOES go on a hot dog. They are called chili dogs. I aint ever heard of a sauce dog.  :D

Yeah and the name of the band is the Red Hot Sauce Peppers.  It's a pretty crazy idea to put sauce on hotdogs.

hotdogSauce.jpg

If I ask for CHILI, it will come in a BOWL with BEANS and I will eat it with a SPOON!  My momma did NOT lie to me!

chili.jpg

MXR Dad, you are from TEXAS, you ought to know that!  But I'm with you on the Coke thing.   :P

Happy_Trails_Logo.jpg

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

Around these parts :lol: , the strip of grass between the street and sidewalk is called the parkway.

We call it the "parking strip" or "city property." While I have to maintain "mine," I'm only told what I can't build there, and what I CAN plant...

One last question: What do you call that little stretch of grass between the sidewalk and the street?

Weeds n dirt...

So, placed me in Anchorage, Salt Lake City and Madison.

Even though I've been in the Chattanooga, TN area since 1988, I grew up in Illinois and vacationed/ lived there and in Wisconsin most of the rest of the time (that's where soda comes in).

Bruce

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 2

Yeah and the name of the band is the Red Hot Sauce Peppers.  It's a pretty crazy idea to put sauce on hotdogs.

HAHA. This is fun. Its fun debating these things in a friendly way with nobody getting mad. I had no idea they made Hot Dog Sauce!! LOL. But isnt it really just chili?  :D

See how they call it Chili Cook Off and not Sauce Cook Off? Chili's Restaurant may have to change their name to Sauce's. 

I will have to admit, when you order a bowl of chili down here, its common for them to ask with beans or without? So WVU may have a point. But dont tell him that. It will be our little secret! THAT DONT MAKE IT RIGHT THOUGH!  :D

• Like 1

It got me at Little Rock, Lexington, and Louisville. The only reason it picked the two cities in Kentucky was because of how I answered "what do you call a liquor store with a drive-thru". Since I have lived in dry counties in Arkansas, I had no term for it. BESIDES, the regional accents in Arkansas are vastly different. I was raised in the Ozark foothills along the Arkansas River Valley. When I moved to Hope in '76, my accent was definitely not Southwest Arkansas. Similar, but different. The most noticeable 40 years ago was in the pronunciation of words containing the letter "O". Most of these regional differences have disappeared, but not completely gone. The accents in the hills of SE Kentucky are almost indistinguishable from the Ozarks. Very, very similar.

• Moderators

Yes, and Boudain. My grandson told me the other day he didnt think he liked it. So I went to BBQ place that a local guy here has setup that makes good ol Boudain. Really good stuff. Brought home some smoked Boudain and "made" him try it. Ha, no he likes it. 

Why ? Why would you do that, I do just the opposite, if it's really good I tell the kids and grandkids it's nasty don't try it.   :emotion-41:

It doesn't work anymore the caught on, I may have to start telling them it's really good you need to try it, it may throw them off ? 

• 4 weeks later...