Old Age

A1UC

Went up to Waffle House the other day to get breakfast for me, the wife and the Chihuahuas. While waiting for the food, started talking to guy next to me. Found out he was from the class

of 72 at the same school, a year ahead of me and the wife. Did not recognize him, but we knew a lot of the same people, so he had to be for real. Man he looked old, I went home and looked

at myself in the mirror, am I that old looking and cant even see it? drible drible drible

• Like 5

When you run into someone you haven't seen in awhile and they say "lookin'good" you are old.

Travis

i’ve been old my whole life then.

"You were just born old".------ Peter Bailey( to his young but adult son George in 'It's a Wonderful Life').

Edited by babadono
  • Like 2

I have never really liked taking pictures, even when I was young. Now, with the phone crap going on, I really cringe at Family gatherings with the nieces and nephews.

I get out of breath a lot these days, sometimes I wake up in the night out of breath, that is sad.

Me and the wife rode the Hotter than Hell 100 mile ride in 5 hours and 18 minutes, once upon a time. But my teeth are fine and all mine!

• Like 1

My sense of well being is greater than it was when I was in college.

But ... I can still relate to this:

"Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything."

-- Shakespeare

Edited by garyrc
  • Like 1

I'm 52, my wife is 11 years younger. I don't think I look my age, I certainly don't feel it. I told her the average male dies 6 years before the female, so she'll have 17 years of life after I'm gone :D

I asked her if she would re-marry, she didn't like that question!

• Like 2

I dunno you end up with a collection of great stories you can bore young people with. For example, back in the Eisenhower Administration, I was hanging out with his VP's daughter, Julie.  She was hot and a tramp.  We called her Trixie, and apparently after she grew up, the nickname got changed a bit and caught on with her father's, Dick's critics.

Oh and then there was the time I rode up San Juan hill with TR...

• Like 1